AVIC411.com

CD-IU50V Alternatives (Not the usual question!)

Hello,

After much research and indecision, I have just purchased an X-920BT through Amazon (thanks to finding the info here!), and I am rounding out all of my accessories for the install when it gets here.

I want to do it right and have ability for video through an iPod. Anyplace I see a recommendation for an iPod cable, I see the CD-IU50V mentioned. I have no problem with this, prefer OEM parts, don't mind paying the premium. My concern is about the length. I understand it is about 1.5' long. I'm not sure if this will be long enough. I see Pioneer also has cables such as the CD-IU200V which are longer, but no mention of compatibility -- and some appear to have different USB connectors even with the same model number.

Is the 1.5' length generally acceptable for most installations? I will be installing in a Ford Super Duty, so everything is generally a little farther away than most cars.

Is there an alternative to the CD-IU50V that is longer?

Thoughts or ideas?

Thanks,

Adam

that cable connects to another cable which is fairly long.

Thanks for the reply.

I understand the unit comes with a cable -- are you saying that the 3.5mm (?) connector on the CD-IU50V is longer than the USB so that when I plug into the USB cable that comes with the unit they will be the same length? (both longer than the original cable)

Is that right?

Adam