AVIC411.com

Ok i went with the garmin mic because when i installed the other pioneer one people said I was very difficult to hear. Now at a standstill people can't tell if i'm talking through the car or the iphone. however as soon as I start moving people are complaining that I have become hard to hear and they can pick up all the road noise. Has anyone else experienced this issue or know of a fix? I have tried moving the mic around a bit and that doesn't seem to make a significant difference.

what type of car are we talking about here, if there is a lot of road noise, then the mic is gonna pick it up, where have you had it placed, the best places are as close to you as possible, and stay away from anything too hard (like the windshield) as it will reflect noise and compound the problem worse.

Interesting... I currently have the mic placed in the upper left corner near the windshield. I have a dodge magnum rt. I've placed some foam over the mic and it certainly made a difference though not perfect by any means yet. Friend recommended using a little plastic and cover the mic so I will try that tomorrow as well as moving the mic even more

Ok from doing further research it seems many people have experienced the same issue from a number of different Mics. Seems that 2 options are maybe worth delving into... One would be purchasing another mic that has noise cancellation which not many have so it could be worth buying a headset one and just removing everything but the mic.

Option two would be to buy a 2.5mm jack to 3.5mm jack adapter. This would open up a ton of different Mics for use. Most of the forums that I've read about people doing this are about the garmin nuvi models so no clue how it would work with the pioneer unit. Though if it does it would open up a lot more Mic choices. I read some guy got great results when he bought an $80 Sony directional mic but that might be extreme