AVIC411.com

my feedback on the S1

First... the bluetooth...

I have Cingular, Siemens S66.... it works, and I transfer contacts one by one.

What I don't like:

1. No route summary

2. Night mode turns off the street names on 2D map

3. Auto-reroute is stubborn

4. No street names on 3D mode

5. No marking of places

To go on detail

1. Many in-dash systems as well as competing portable units, after calculating the route, will give you the route summary which includes each instruction. This can be important as you can tailor the instructions to force it to avoid certain streets & highways.

2. Self explanatory--- kinda annoying, so I leave it in Day mode instead and adjust the brightness accordingly

3. For the larger streets, it will constantly tell you to do U-turns until it finally gives up and recalculates a new route.

4. Having the street names, at least for the major streets (such as the ones displayed in the 700ft scale on 2D mode) can come in handy. Some times have street names on 3D mode can clutter it up too much. So... I would rather see it as an option

5. Many systems, you come to a place and mark it. You can get around this by making a route to it and it will be saved, then you can put it in your address book.

The above are the deficiencies, which are relatively minor, however overall I really like the S1. Icing on the cake is the $100 rebate from Pioneer. My original plan was a portable until I get the Z-1. Well... not getting the Z-1...

IMG_3060.JPG[/img]

• 2 months later...