AVIC411.com

x920BT iPod won't restart - is that normal?

most things are working rather well with my new x920bt. However, one thing is a little annoying: when you shut off the car, and restart it, and were listening to the iPod, the iPod doesn't restart again. Is that normal?

I'm using the Pioneer iPod cable, not a knock-off, with a 80 gig Classic.

Maybe it's not designed to restart, but then again, why not?

Anyone else find this annoying, or do I have a setting wrong somewhere?

So does it not come on at all?

nope - doesn't matter if I was playing audio or video info (video podcasts - movies, etc). Just a black screen.

I thought that maybe the x920 was reading the library info, but after three minutes of waiting that's not it.

There's one setting I have to try tomorrow: AV1 input.

other than that, maybe it's just not part of the spec

OK, did some more indepth testing today.

As it turns out, the only thing that WON'T restart with the car from iPod is VIDEO material.

Video podcasts, movies, music videos - anything that is a video format will not re-fire when the car and

ipod are started up.

I've turned the "video out" option on and off in the iPod settings menu - makes no difference.

I've changed the setting for AV1 from "iPod" to "Video", and that just disconnected video from the iPod.

Can anyone else check this out with their AVIC / iPod combo and let me know. Even though I ordered an "authentic" Pioneer multi-pin cable from Amazon, the one that arrived seemed to be from an Italian division of Pioneer.

Hmmm