AVIC411.com

AVRCP 1.3 - yea or nay

Well, the fact that my WM6.5 HTC HD2 works perfectly seems to say who's lying. But historically, BT support for the various specs and profiles is inconsistent between manufacturers. They will eventually get it sorted out.

BTW, I can boot into Android (2.2.1) and play BT audio MP3s using the built-in audio player. No tags appear, but I can use the Stop/Pause and next/previous buttons to control the playback.

If I could just figure out how to get my Contacts to transfer under Android, I'd run it permanently. So far, this custom port (HyperDroid) is about 80% ready. I'm lovin some of the apps and the phone's VR interface to Google & maps (I haven' tried it through the AVIC). But some parts just aren't as solid as WM in the interface with the Z120.

Interesting - I wonder if Windows Phone 7 includes AVRCP 1.3. I know a local T-Mobile dealer who'll let me try a couple of phones in my car, so I'll add the WPhone to the list. The tiles are nice, and there's no lag on the phone like there are on so many Androids

have you tried different apps to stream to the Pioneer other than the one you mentioned? Pandora maybe?

Pandora was removed from Appstore Canada due to some copyright issues, so no, I don't have other apps to try yet.

Using the iPhone 4, even though the play/pause, next/prev track controls are available, the album art, song name, song info are all missing. Has anyone else found the same?