AVIC411.com

Cannot update to new firmware??

Have you checked to see if you already have the lastest version? If you are up-to-date the update will not do anything.

Also, make sure you only have 1 folder called "AVICZ110". If you have an AVICZ110 folder with another AVICZ110 folder beneath it, put just the lowest 1 (the one with the APL, BOOT, FONTS, PLATFORM folders in it) on the SD card.

if that doesnt work try copying just the files in the AVICZ110 folder to the SD card without the AVICZ110 folder itself.

newman may be right, now that I think about the problems I had. I think my 1st attempt had two nested AVICZ110 directories. When that didn't work I tried both the way I described earlier (the various files in root), and just removing one layer of the AVICZ110 directory. Now I can't remember which method worked.

How are you writing to the SD? Depending on your reader/writer and OS, make sure you either right-click the SD device and choose "eject" or select the standard USB icon in the tray and "remove device". Wait for it to say it's cool. It may take a while for all the files to get flushed to the card - SD's are relatively slow to write to.

Have you checked to see if you already have the lastest version? If you are up-to-date the update will not do anything.

Also, make sure you only have 1 folder called "AVICZ110". If you have an AVICZ110 folder with another AVICZ110 folder beneath it, put just the lowest 1 (the one with the APL, BOOT, FONTS, PLATFORM folders in it) on the SD card.

if that doesnt work try copying just the files in the AVICZ110 folder to the SD card without the AVICZ110 folder itself.

newman may be right, now that I think about the problems I had. I think my 1st attempt had two nested AVICZ110 directories. When that didn't work I tried both the way I described earlier (the various files in root), and just removing one layer of the AVICZ110 directory. Now I can't remember which method worked.

How are you writing to the SD? Depending on your reader/writer and OS, make sure you either right-click the SD device and choose "eject" or select the standard USB icon in the tray and "remove device". Wait for it to say it's cool. It may take a while for all the files to get flushed to the card - SD's are relatively slow to write to.

Thanks for all the posts, guys...I've tried everything that you guys are putting out there...I've attempted to update the firmware somewhere between 15-20 times now over 2 days...each time, I've re-formatted the card (tried FAT. FAT32 & NTFS) & then right click on the card & hit eject, then wait for the window w/the contents of the card to disappear then remove...tried putting just the AVICZ110 folder on the root & the last few times, I've tried just putting all the files that are in the folder straight onto the root of the card...the SD card should in the unlocked position, correct? That's what I've been try as well as trying it locked once or twice...

Well, sorry you are having such trouble. Sure is a lot of effort for a patch update you probably would never notice in the first place. I'd say sit and wait for the card Pioneer is sending. Sounds like you've done everything you can.

I do remember that this 2.003 update was more trouble than the big update from 1.0 to 2.0. I don't know why. But I had to try a different SD and did 2 or 3 burns before it took. Thought maybe my SD reader on the computer was getting flakey.

Thanks again for all the help & advice...I was actually able to finally update the firmware right before leaving my house for a 6am flight yesterday morning...I was unzipping the folder to my desktop & copying the folder that way...basically, there were 2 folders named AVICZ110 & then the update data...once it was mentioned that could be the problem (I forget the person who mentioned that but thanks!) it still didn't work the 1st 2 times I tried it but it did take on the 3rd try...I was able to confirm that I had 2.0003 now but names when I take & receive calls still appear as last name 1st...I though this update fixed that? I'm using a Droid Incredible...

• 4 weeks later...

Got the same problem on my AVIC F900bt.. cant recognize the card.

Tried formatting it several times, tried 5x different cards, tried blowing the sd slot.

guess i have to stick to v1.000 for the rest of my life ^^

You have to tell me if you get it to work.

<33 Regards* MK4NOR

Ah.. nvm.. :P you got it working.

Good for you! <3

Edited by MK4NOR

Hi,

i have the German Version Avic F20BT (Z120). But my Upgrade didnt work :(

I have read several threads, and tryed everything: Two SDHC Cards, One SD Card, Two Cardreaders, Two Computer.

The Avic Folder AVICZ110 is on the Root, FAT32 (what else..).. nothing happens. I also tryed to rename the folder to AVICZ120 or AVICF20. An i tryed to put all files from the folder to the root.

Is my Radio damaged?

thanks in advance.

I think this is a Pioneer quality control program -- I'm having the same problems as you guys, and have tried all of the same steps (reformatting, leaving files in "AVIC Z110" directory, taking folders out of "AVIC Z110" directory, trying different SD cards, etc.) I imagine that we all got units out of the same crappy non-quality controlled batch.

You can try calling Pioneer customer support...if you want nothing but frustration. I had the guy telling me to take all of the same steps I already took, then tell me that (wait for it) the unit was probably defective, and that even though it was under warranty, I'd need to (a) ship it back to Pioneer at my own expense, and (B) sit with a big hole in my dashboard for 6-8 weeks while they repaired it (probably due to a backlog of repairing the other defective crappy units they put out).