AVIC411.com

920 vs 110, how to decide

I have a 910 in my superduty for long trips towing our show car. handfree, backup cam, nav, music.

I want to put something in our prius, long trips not towing, handsfree, backup camera, nav, radio.

the 910 doesn't have a pandora receiver, while both the 920/110 do

I can get a usb dongle that DOES support the audio streaming for the 910, but you can't connect to two bt targets at the same time.. phone or music..

I like the uncluttered screen face on the 110, but worry about the life of the motorized screen,,

seems there are troubles with BT phone on the 110, and this is THE primary function it needs to do..

and I want VR for nav, music and phone. (910 has no VR for nav).

So, how to decide.. the price is roughly the same.($8 difference today) install components are the same.

(have the ipod and swi-ps for the sw controls already)

we both have Blackberrys, and ipods, and ipads.. no iPhone. My corp security policy keyboard locks my blackberry (or iphone) after 10 mins of idle time, and you can't voice dial without unlocking the keyboard.. you CAN voice dial the pioneer thru a locked phone tho.. so very helpful..

Sam

Like VBLUE42 said Bluetooth is a crapshoot on either of them. Mine is as good as the BT was in my F150 with factory sync. Was picking up a lot of noise at first but moved the mic further away from the windshield and it's been great since. Neighbor has a x920 and is not as lucky.

There are several 920 BT audio problems reported here.

yes, but the 110/120 complaints seem to be 10 times more..

I hate the joystick on the 910.. seems to get jostled everytime I try to do anything..(mute really)

I actually use the steering wheel controls cause I dislike the knob so much..

but the BT has been fabulous

the 920/110 will be in the car my wife drives the most, and she is always on the phone with the kids..

so BT has GOT to work. we completely replaced our home phone system cause the vonage lines were terrible out here in the limited bandwidth rural environment we moved to.

sam