AVIC411.com

2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD (Classic Body) AVIC-Z1 Install

Thank you for step by step instructions. I called Crutchfield to get a quote and referred your code. I am planning an install on a 2005 GMC Yukon 2500 which should be very similar to your truck. The rep said the steering wheel control unit would not work with the Z1 radio.

Did you get the same answer from them?

Does the PAC Steering Wheel control unit work in a GMC SUV wired for a BOSE system?

RBex

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Called PAC and they informed me the same. Said I would need a CM1 OS2 BOSE part to keep the door chime and use of the subwoofer for the Z1. I didn't see this mentioned above. Any advice on how to do this?

Also was told no back seat controls for the Z1 if I use the Steering Wheel controller. If this is so I wonder if I could drop in the BOSE radio/CD in the rear controller space and let the passengers use headphones.

Thanks for the help

RBex

Called PAC and they informed me the same. Said I would need a CM1 OS2 BOSE part to keep the door chime and use of the subwoofer for the Z1. I didn't see this mentioned above. Any advice on how to do this?

Also was told no back seat controls for the Z1 if I use the Steering Wheel controller. If this is so I wonder if I could drop in the BOSE radio/CD in the rear controller space and let the passengers use headphones.

Thanks for the help

RBex

Not quite sure I'm understanding what you're asking here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here’s a list of the components installed during the project:

Pioneer AVIC-Z1 $1,874.99

Pioneer CD-iB100ii Ipod Control Interface $49.99

Pioneer GEX-P10XMT XM NavTraffic Satellite Radio $159.99

Pioneer ND-BT1 Bluetooth Adapter for AVIC-Z1 $119.99

PAC SWI-PS - Pioneer and Sony Steering Wheel Radio Control Interface $69.99

Metra VT-GMRC-01 GM Class II D GM Class II Data bus Interface $39.99

What parts do i need/change from the list if i have a bose/onstar? also, the referral code is invalid???

• 4 months later...

Excellent post. It went almost the smae in my truck too. 06 GMC 2500 HD.

I will just tell you one thing about the backup camera. I will completely disagree on having it with a truck. Mine is a Crew Cab Long bed and it is absolutley the best feature I have owned. A truck of my length can not pull into parking spots at wal mart, I have to back in. Without the camera, someone has to get out and tell me when to stop before hitting the car behind me when parking.

I have also several scuffs from where I backed into poles before the camera was installed. It took 15 mintues to install the camera and it is safely in the V on the hitch. For the $150 I paid for it, it has been worth thousandsi n easy parking and no dented bumpers.