AVIC411.com

Cannot seem to transfer iPhone4 Contacts

Hi There,

I have the X920BT and and iPhone4 that I use with it. I also have the special iPod cable intended for use by the X920BT. When I connect the iPod via the cable, and choose to "Transfer Contacts", I get this dialogue screen that says "Use your phone to transfer Business Card" or something to that effect. I'm not sure what a business card is in this context. I will say that my contacts DO appear in my "Contacts" button, but the "Contacts" button is disabled for while, and only after quite some time (even after booting up) can I click it. How an I ensure that my contacts are in the X920BT's memory so it doesn't have to transfer them every time I boot up.

Anybody know about this? I appreciate your time and help!

Best,

Laz

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same issue w/the HTC EVO and it drives me insane. I dont know if the contacts are actually in there or is it reading from my device. I am sharing your same problem. Somebody, please update us with some knowledge :)

Hi There,

I have the X920BT and and iPhone4 that I use with it. I also have the special iPod cable intended for use by the X920BT. When I connect the iPod via the cable, and choose to "Transfer Contacts", I get this dialogue screen that says "Use your phone to transfer Business Card" or something to that effect. I'm not sure what a business card is in this context. I will say that my contacts DO appear in my "Contacts" button, but the "Contacts" button is disabled for while, and only after quite some time (even after booting up) can I click it. How an I ensure that my contacts are in the X920BT's memory so it doesn't have to transfer them every time I boot up.

Anybody know about this? I appreciate your time and help!

Best,

Laz

How many contacts?

I can see all contacts after 5 minutes, just like the OP. After starting my car, the "contacts" button and "transfer contacts" is darkened and cannot be used. It almost seems like it transfers all the contacts every time I start the x920bt, then deletes them OR its just reading the contacts every time and it is not saved in the system.

Is this normal that it takes awhile to load all contacts? or do you guys have access at start up?

Thanks,

Will

By design the unit syncs the contacts upon every startup but it shouldn't take more then 10-15 seconds to do so unless you have hundreds or thousands of contacts. Incidentally, do you guys have iPod cataloging on upon every startup? If so, turn it off once you have the iPod cataloged the first time. That info is stored on the unit and only needs to be cataloged when content is added or removed from the iPod.

How do you disable Cataloging? I tried looking through the manual again and i cant find it.

Its taking a lot longer than 30secs to sync contacts, almost 3-5mins. When I send ALL CONTACTS via bluetooth, it says update successful. So i tried turning off the car, and turn it back on, the same situation occurs. The wait is about 3-5 mins before the "transfer contacts" and "contacts" button is enabled. Once the "transfer contacts" icon is enabled, all my contacts are in the x920bt. It almost looks like its synced but not stored.

By design the unit syncs the contacts upon every startup but it shouldn't take more then 10-15 seconds to do so unless you have hundreds or thousands of contacts. Incidentally, do you guys have iPod cataloging on upon every startup? If so, turn it off once you have the iPod cataloged the first time. That info is stored on the unit and only needs to be cataloged when content is added or removed from the iPod.

How do you disable Cataloging? I tried looking through the manual again and i cant find it.

Search "catalog" in the PDF version of the manual.

The wait is about 3-5 mins before the "transfer contacts" and "contacts" button is enable.

Once again, how many contacts are we talking about?

It almost looks like its synced but not stored.

Also again, the unit does not stores the contacts.

Hey VBLUE42,

I appreciate your responses :)

We are talking roughly about 300 contacts.

When you say the unit does not store contacts, does that mean the unit syncs the phones contact every time? I was under the impression that once you transfer contacts via bluetooth it is stored.

Search "catalog" in the PDF version of the manual.

Once again, how many contacts are we talking about?

Also again, the unit does not stores the contacts.

Hey VBLUE42,

When you say the unit does not store contacts, does that mean the unit syncs the phones contact every time? I was under the impression that once you transfer contacts via bluetooth it is stored.

By design the unit syncs the contacts upon every startup

Hey VBLUE42,

It syncs each time your phone connects unless (i think) you choose to transfer your contacts by sending business cards or name cards. i do not believe the iphone has this ability.

fyi, the X710 and X910 do store your contacts to the memory.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...