AVIC411.com

Streaming Netflix from the iphone

Netflix updated there app a couple weeks ago, it supports streaming now to other hardware. I tried it out through the standard apple av cable i have . I get partial video, squiggly lines/black screens) but audio comes through great. This is all through the standard ipod port i am plugged into on the back of the X910. When i try this its through the AV1 and AV2 inputs, but is there not two seperate ports named this on the back of the X910??

I am thinking maybe the audio is passing through the ipod port but the video is not fully because it is hooked up in the back to av1 or 2.

Can anyone try it?

• 4 weeks later...

How do you select the source for your Netflix/Youtube streaming on the X910BT? I have the 3.02 firmware and I cannot select it as a source under Video under the iPod/iPhone category, only the folders themselves that are on the iPhone. I can get audio from the streaming video, but of course no video. This was a huge disappointment to me because I upgraded from the P5100DVD which could stream videos without a problem.

Under the iPod source select VIDEO, then select any video in the list, then open the video app on the phone.

Thanks, that works for Youtube, but sadly Netflix still doesn't work. Is there a setting inside the iPhone app that I need to select to push the video feed over? It streams the audio through, but the video still goes through the phone and not the unit.

Works just fine. Make sure you have the latest version of the Netflix app.

I downloaded the latest update for the Netflix app on my phone yesterday and still no luck. Do you think perhaps it is the cable going to the X910? YouTube does play, but the quality is really bad and grainy. Netflix looks like it tries to play on the X910 first (i'm guessing because I see the screen stutter slightly) but then plays directly on the iPhone.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm starting to wonder if maybe a codec or a renderer is bad on the unit. I finally got my hands on a CD-RM10 cable to hook up my N64 and SNES to play on the unit and they are completely unplayable. Sound plays through okay, but on the N64 the video skips and tears badly (sound plays fine) and on the SNES the video freezes completely (sound plays fine). Is it possible that a codec or possibly what is used to render the video on the unit is bad? I did a factory reset to ensure that it wasn't any of my settings that was goofing it up, but no luck.

I attached two videos to document what was going on. One with the SNES and Donkey Kong Country, the other with the N64 and Super Smash Brothers. If it is a fault with the unit then that may explain the bad quality on YouTube and why Netflix won't display on it.

*minor note on YouTube video - I know quality on YouTube videos isn't the best, but i've played this same video on my P5100DVD before I sold it and it didn't have nearly the garble or distortion shown on this one*

SNES - DKC.MOV

N64 - SuperSmash.MOV