AVIC411.com

This suddenly happened because for the months i've had it the unit has worked flawlessly. However now whenever I connect my iphone its goes to "ipod" and its all blank... I can search artist etc. but it will not play any songs or show any artwork. I can go into musicsphere and see everything but once again you can click songs but it will not play. Only way i've gotten music to come out of it was to start the song disconnected from the unit on the iphone and than plug my iphone back in.

My iphone is uptodate and i've even re sync it but still nothing. Anyone have a clue? maybe a setting got changed? I do have the CD-IU50v Pioneer cable

Bt does connect and work. I will try to do a full restore now and see what happens

I'm thinkin you only want the Hands-Free BT profile set-up on your phone pairing, and not the stereo audio. You want the phone to use the usb/iPod interface for both stereo audio and video.

Glad you got it working again.

Was your friend's ipod BT paired? It should work fine. My point was that once the BT device is connected and if the Stereo Audio profile is enabled, the phone is not using the A/V out jack for audio.

I don't have an iPhone, so I don't know if there is an option on which BT profiles you want to be active for each pairing. I have an HTC HD2 / WM6.5 phone, and the BT setting has about a half dozen BT options, most notably "Hands-Free", "Stereo Audio". The others don't really matter much for normal useage.

As far as your iPhone working previously, it might all boil down to timing. If you connect your phone with BT disabled, does the iPod audio on the HU work as expected?

I hate it when problems mysteriously come and go for no apparent reason. You never know if it is fixed.