AVIC411.com

Want to use factory Rear entertainment with Z1

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

isnt the rear entertainment system controlled by the oem radio? if so, then you had to have the unit kept to keep control of it

It could also be one of those dealer installed units, not a factory installed. But whatever glad it worked out for you.

I have a 2003 Ford Explorer, with the rear dvd system (Factory Installed), and my installer installed the Avic-Z1....

I'm able to have the children watch a dvd in the back, and I'm able to watch a different dvd upfront using the Avic-Z1....of couse, I only watch it while stopped.

The oem head unit is setting in the box in my garage that the Avic-z1 came in.

and?

less some info on how it was done doesnt help much. Thats why LeonPhelps is going to get back to us with pics. But its clear that the controls that are on the factory head unit are lost when removing that head unit. Would be even better to know what was done to integrate it, cause just saying i got it to does nothing for no one.

and?

less some info on how it was done doesnt help much. Thats why LeonPhelps is going to get back to us with pics. But its clear that the controls that are on the factory head unit are lost when removing that head unit. Would be even better to know what was done to integrate it, cause just saying i got it to does nothing for no one.

if I knew what they did, I would have added that information. The main question was 'can it be done', and the answer is 'yes'. How, is another question.

your right, just saying 'yes', doesn't help those that install it themselves, but it may help someone who goes to an installer asking for it to be done.

when I go back to the installer, I'll ask the question of how they did it.