AVIC411.com

Problem when upgrading to 2.003 after 120 hack upgrade

I did all my updates and was running the z120 update on my z110. I got the idea to try the 2.003 update since I seen it was ok to do and went smooth for everyone else. Well mine didn't go smooth and I can't get the unit under control. It started the update as soon as I inserted the card but it only gets like 3 seconds in and says update failed, restarting unit. It then restarts and the splash screen still comes up and it starts to play music then it tries the update process again. I can not get the unit to eject the card so it will stop and I can not get the update to work. So is there a way to manually open the face with the unit powered down so I can remove the card or what needs to be done to get my HU working properly?

I did all my updates and was running the z120 update on my z110. I got the idea to try the 2.003 update since I seen it was ok to do and went smooth for everyone else. Well mine didn't go smooth and I can't get the unit under control. It started the update as soon as I inserted the card but it only gets like 3 seconds in and says update failed, restarting unit. It then restarts and the splash screen still comes up and it starts to play music then it tries the update process again. I can not get the unit to eject the card so it will stop and I can not get the update to work. So is there a way to manually open the face with the unit powered down so I can remove the card or what needs to be done to get my HU working properly?

Any luck with this? Was planning to do the 2.003 update but got scared after reading your post!

Any luck with this? Was planning to do the 2.003 update but got scared after reading your post!

Sounds to me like the instructions weren't followed precisely or, more likely, there was a problem reading the SD.

Back to the OP's problem:

You didn't say whether you installed the parking-brake by-pass. If not, you should set the P-B before booting. As soon as it displays the splash screen, start hitting the eject button. I don't think the unit will allow the eject to open unless P-B is set. Careful, the eject button is on the motorized screen, so don't hold it too hard.

Alternatively, it might be possible to boot into "Test Mode" before the above problem kicks-in (that is, before the music and update starts). Search for instructions on how to enter Test Mode in this section. There are SD and DVD tests listed in the service manual, but it the information is very sparse. It is possible that the eject hard-button is operational during test mode, but I could not absolutely confirm. It's worth a shot. This will also require the P-B set or the P-B bypass.

You also may want to download the Service Manual.