AVIC411.com

Possible To Mod Audio Source On Map Screen?

Hey folks,

You know on the bottom right of the map screen it tells you a quick blurb of what's currently playing on your audio source?

Is it possible to mod that blurb so that when I click on it (or somewhere else on the screen) it becomes larger and shows me more info (almost like a pop up window or an overlay)? I often find that while on maps I'm switching back and forth between audio source and maps, just so I can get a little extra detail about the audio source. Also, to expand on this, if it is possible, I wonder if this could be a solution for Sirius owners who can't mod the Sirius audio source screen, but want to get more info about what's playing. If they could mod the maps screen maybe they could display the extra missing Sirius info?

Before I spend hours learning how to create custom mods, I just want to make sure I'm not going down a bad path.

Thanks!

No, this is not possible as we don't have the UI control of the Main/AV section of the AVIC. The only UI that we can alter is the NAV section

Thanks for the response abb1! I do actually mean on the Nav section though. The bottom right corner of the NAV screen has a small box that is about 1/4" high and 1.5" wide. It tells you what's currently playing. If you click it, it will bring you over to the Audio section.

I'm wondering if we can make that box larger and give some more details about the currently playing song there. This would all be done on the NAV screen, since as you mentioned, that's the area we have control over.

I was looking through the .ui files though in the in folder: "Data.zip\ui_pioneer\800_480\ui", but as I go through them, I so far haven't been able to find that box. I'm sure it's there somewhere though? (at least I would think)

Yeah, I know what you mean, but the the little AV button still has scripts that are in the AV section. All that button is, is a button linking it to the script which unfortunately, we do not have access to. Trust me, I have spent a lot of hours trying to find it