AVIC411.com

radar update for Pioneer AVIC-HD1bt almost there

Hello,

I am mathieu and come from Belgium.

Last week I am doing some research one mine Pioneer AVIC-HD1bt. In 2007 I have bought the radar software from teleatlas. That software where very good. But there where no updates any more. So that was it than.

So I bought a new device for my radar detection (59€). But that device give near antwerpen a lot false alarm because it don’t know where I wane go to.

At the moment I am very interesting to buy the new pioneer avic-f20bt but only because that system have a radardector?

So I have search how I can modify the system. First I looked to the two disc I have one for Benelux and another for France. On both disc I have found the followed data.

Benelux:

O_OPTION.DAT 110.000kB

ADDON.CTL 1kB

DISCINFO.TXT 1kB

ORBIS.DAT 32kB

VER.DAT 1kB

France:

O_OPTION.DAT 110.000kB

ADDON.CTL 1kB

DISCINFO.TXT 1kB

ORBIS.DAT 8kB

VER.DAT 1kB

I have downloaded a program Altap Salamander and I could open the data. The O_option.dat is a big table with all 0 in it just the 2 first columns aren’t a 0 but they are systematic by the hex system.

Addon.ctl is a file that make a relation to the file Orbis.dat I concluded that because in that file is written orbis.dat

Discinfo.txt is information witch disk it is and for witch system it works one 3 words.

Orbis.dat that file contains the data because they are really different and unreadable for me. I can open it but I can’t read it. But I think that is the file with all the data in it.

Ver.dat is a file with the version of the disk the text that comes with that file is also the text that is displayed in the gps system when you want to make a update.

What have I done: I have discovered that the new avic f20bt have similar data need to put the radars on the system. When you download the radars for a avic-f20bt than see I the followed data.

New system:

ADDON.CTL 1kB

ORBIS.DAT 20kB

VER.DAT 1kB

With the big different that the size of the ORBIS.DAT file different is and all the other files are very similar even when I open them.

I Have trailed the followed. I have putted the followed data on the disk ADDON.CTL (new), ORBIS.DAT (new) and VER.DAT (new).

Mine gps read the disc and detect that it was a disc for radar. Followed with a message do you want to update from Benelux to poibase.

And I said yes but then have I a failler that he couldn’t read the data.

Step 2 I putted the followed data on the disc O_OPTION.DAT (old), ADDON.CTL (old), DISCINFO.TXT(old), ORBIS.DAT(new), VER.DAT (old)

That has given the same message do you want to update and then he start with overwrite not for long and then it stops with the same message couldn’t read the data. but all mine radars from 2007 are gone.

I think I am not so far away from a solution. But I don’t know it any more.

Could anybody help me please???

Thanks in advanced for your help.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

old radar.zip

new for F20.rar