AVIC411.com

Z110BT: what's the suggested hack/mod path?

Hi all

I just got my Z110BT installed. It has factory firmware. (bypass worked, yay)

I see very detailed intructions on this forum about updates, upgrades, mods, maps and such, but I'm a bit lost about which ORDER to apply them. My hope is to utilize the hardware to its best potential, of course.

A bit of guidance will be much appreciated.

Cheers

D

I also see mentions of:

- v1.001 update

- 2002.3 firmware update

- CNSD-110FM

Are those the same thing? or not needed if converting to 120?

Sorry for being confused

Dani

CNSD-110FM is the update SD cards that Pioneer released. If you search for that on their website the page for them will come up. You need that to do the update to Z120.

Like vblue said, there isn't really anything special with this unit except Shortfuse's Z120 upgrade but we are hoping we will crack this open more and be able to update more stuff in the future.

I also see mentions of:

- v1.001 update

- 2002.3 firmware update

- CNSD-110FM

Are those the same thing? or not needed if converting to 120?

Sorry for being confused

Dani

Just to clarify, v1.001 was downloadable a patch by Pioneer to the original software. I don't remember which minor issues it fixed. Seems like most people didn't bother to install it at the time.

CNSD-110FM is the part number for the upgrade to Z120 - that is v2.000. It comes in two SD cards. It also includes 2 Parrot BT updates, v3.10 on SD 1, and v3.11 on SD 2. Later, Pioneer released a downloadable patch to v2.000 called 2.003. It fixed some iPod issues.

If you buy CNSD-110FM (usually $150-200 + s/h), forget about v1.001. Install v2.000, BT 3.10, then BT 3.11. Then download and install the v2.003 patch.

If you want to get the bootleg (free) upgrade, then you've got work to do. Read the dedicated threads. I don't want to rehash all that here. Do your homework. If you aren't comfortable with it, don't do it.