AVIC411.com

Help pairing Iphone4 to Z120bt

Hope someone can help.

I have had my Z120BT for a few months, and I had my Nokia E70x paired to it with no problem. I just got the Iphone4 yesterday and after registering it last night I tried to pair it today. I input the wrong BT pass code on the phone for the radio and now I can't get it to even let me try to pair it. The Z120 sees the phone, and the IP4 sees the radio. But when I try to connect them they both say the operation has timed out and I cannot input the correct BT pass code. I understand from some reading here that you cannot delete a paired phone but both phones show up in the z120 however my new IP4 will not connect.

I also went back by ATT and to see if they could help, but the young lady there was as lost as I am. It almost seems like the units think they can pair but have the wrong info, but buy the time the connection fails it's to late to enter the correct info. I am not that well versed on the high tech items, but most of the time I can get them to work. Any help would be great, Thanks in advance..

Do a reset on the unit to remove the initial paired phone and then start over. Just be sure to put in the proper code however.

Thanks VBLUE

Now is there a process to to a reset on the unit, or do I have to pull it back out of the dash to to preform this? I had it installed buy a local radio shop due to the process looked pretty involved, and not having installed a radio in years. I did a firmware update after the install but that was pretty simple. Thanks agian!!

• 2 months later...

i've had this issue. all you do is on the iphone 4, go to settings -> general -> bluetooth. turn it off and then on. when it sees the device, click the blue arrow to the side of it and click 'forget this device'. After that, go to settings on the z120bt screen and re-register the bluetooth. real easy.