AVIC411.com

Drop Down Menu Stan/Andr2000 3.0

Hi Abb1:

I have two questions for you when you get a chance:

1. I would like to take my icons that is on the map with no route and put inside drop menu. Can I get directions for that?

2. I like what you did to bring up message "Computer Trip is accessible". I tried it but still can get my trip computer to work. Any directions would be great.

I do have the mod in the complete mods section (Stan?Andr2000).

Thanks

Jimbo

To help you, I need to see what you have done as all mods have different scripting. Your download link does not work

I checked the site and first time it says "temp unavalible" and then when I went back a few minutes later, it says "Download."

Thanks

Jimbo

Keep in mind that ALL the mods in this forum with the exception of the Gurgon mod, all are based on Stan/Andre 2000 mod. That is why this mod has become so great, you can do anything you want to it :). To bring a drop down menu, you have to create a layer, put the icons in that layer with a run code, and use a hide script to hide it. You will also need to create a button to call the menu. Both of my mods have that, just look at them and it should be pretty straight forward. The 2.75 mod has the button enabled (i made it invisible below the compass, i think) when the icons are totally hidden, maybe that is what you want to create

Keep in mind that ALL the mods in this forum with the exception of the Gurgon mod, all are based on Stan/Andre 2000 mod. That is why this mod has become so great, you can do anything you want to it :). To bring a drop down menu, you have to create a layer, put the icons in that layer with a run code, and use a hide script to hide it. You will also need to create a button to call the menu. Both of my mods have that, just look at them and it should be pretty straight forward. The 2.75 mod has the button enabled (i made it invisible below the compass, i think) when the icons are totally hidden, maybe that is what you want to create

Thanks Abb1:

I have been messing around with your 4.0 but I kept getting error messages. I will look at the 2.75 and see if I can make it work. I will let you know if I run into trouble again.

Thanks again.

Jim

Thanks Abb1:

I have been messing around with your 4.0 but I kept getting error messages. I will look at the 2.75 and see if I can make it work. I will let you know if I run into trouble again.

Thanks again.

Jim

Error messages are GOOD! It tells you what the problem is and where to find it! Trust me, I can't even begin to count how many error messages I had in the past, but they have always got me on track :)

Error messages are GOOD! It tells you what the problem is and where to find it! Trust me, I can't even begin to count how many error messages I had in the past, but they have always got me on track :)

I got it to work.... Now Can I get directions on the GPS signal so I can get my trip computer to work based off of your 4.0?

Thanks

Jimbo

I got it to work.... Now Can I get directions on the GPS signal so I can get my trip computer to work based off of your 4.0?

Thanks

Jimbo

The trip computer is still not 100%, but it works better than it did. Just look at my code at the bottom of 'trip computer.ui'. This prolongs the startup slightly of the trip computer. I also added a line of code elsewhere which I will let you know later on exactly where it is as I need my computer for that

Make sure that you go into 'Data\ui_pioneer\common\ui\variable_def.ui' and add this code at the bottom

;Tripcomp 
<var vTripCompActive=0>
<var vSpeedLogActive=0>
;Tripcomp (End)

Thanks Abb1:

I already had done that. The error message I am getting is "unable to open common\night\mapinfotop.ui"

Thanks

Jimbo

Thanks Abb1:

I already had done that. The error message I am getting is "unable to open common\night\mapinfotop.ui"

Thanks

Jimbo

I have never heard of that .ui file nor was it ever used in any mod that I have ever used. If this happens when you try and open the tripcomputer, then there is a wrong code referring to the file that is not there. Find that code and fix it. Look in either the 'tripcomputer.ui' file or the 'tripcomputer_800_480.ui' if it occurs when you try and open the Tripcomputer.

Hi Abb1:

I tried many things and I think I got it working. What I did was started over and added this back in

;Tripcomp

<var vTripCompActive=0>

<var vSpeedLogActive=0>

;Tripcomp (End).

Then I copied trip computer from your 4.0 480_800\ui\tripcomputer to my mod. I did copy the common\ui\tripcomputer but that's where I had trouble. So I copied back the original common\ui\tripcomputer and now everything seem to be working. It does tell me when the trip computer is ready to go (anywhere from 30 secs to 2 mins). I will try it to day to see if it works.

Thanks for all your help!

Jimbo

Hi Abb1:

I tried many things and I think I got it working. What I did was started over and added this back in

;Tripcomp

<var vTripCompActive=0>

<var vSpeedLogActive=0>

;Tripcomp (End).

Then I copied trip computer from your 4.0 480_800\ui\tripcomputer to my mod. I did copy the common\ui\tripcomputer but that's where I had trouble. So I copied back the original common\ui\tripcomputer and now everything seem to be working. It does tell me when the trip computer is ready to go (anywhere from 30 secs to 2 mins). I will try it to day to see if it works.

Thanks for all your help!

Jimbo

Well it did not work. I will try it again after I get off of work. The "trip computer is accessibile" comes on anywhere from 30 secs to 3 minutes. So I when know that part works.

Any idea what to do next? Do I need to have my track on or make any other changes in settings?

I know I am being a pest but I spend days working on this and I thought it was all set! I do need to sleep at times as this drives me crazy. I then stay up late into the night working on this!

Thanks

Jimbo

Well it did not work. I will try it again after I get off of work. The "trip computer is accessibile" comes on anywhere from 30 secs to 3 minutes. So I when know that part works.

Any idea what to do next? Do I need to have my track on or make any other changes in settings?

I know I am being a pest but I spend days working on this and I thought it was all set! I do need to sleep at times as this drives me crazy. I then stay up late into the night working on this!

Thanks

Jimbo

Can you describe 'it does not work'? i mean, do you get error messages? Does it come up, but not function , like it normally did? or does it just not even show up?