AVIC411.com

Different Ipod Screen

Got a question for anyone who can help me. I am thinking about purchsing the AVIC Z120BT. I currently have the AVIC-D3. I was looking at some of the install pics for this unit and saw that there were too different Ipod screens shown. The old one similiar to the D3 and what I call the new one, with scroll capabilites and showning the album art, etc. Is this specific to different generation Ipod's? Is this something you can change in settings? I have a old 64gb Ipod Video and want to make sure that I get the newer screen layout over the D3 layout.

Thanks in advance.

Here are the two screens in question. I just want to confirm that the second screen will be the one I see with an older Ipod. If what you are saying is true, then what is the first screen from? It looks like the AVIC-Z120BT front face.

Thanks

The one on the left is the Z110-BT. It looked like that for all ipods that were supported. The right side is the new interface/software (Z120 or an updated Z110).

You won't be able to use Pandora with your older iPod, but the rest should work. I don't remember, but I think iPod Video is 5th Gen. Gen 4 and below won't.

Yes, I have had both and the 120 is way better than 110 (I was afraid I wouldn't like it but I do) I use an old 2nd gen nano for my music and it works perfectly, I use an iphone when I want to have video, Both the 3g and 4 have worked fine. I use Pandora with iphone (you can stream it BT or better yet use the ap and you can control it on screen)

I use an old 2nd gen nano for my music and it works perfectly, I use an iphone when I want to have video, Both the 3g and 4 have worked fine. I use Pandora with iphone (you can stream it BT or better yet use the ap and you can control it on screen)

Yes I was speaking of nano and iphone.