AVIC411.com

It's been a great ride

...but all good (or mediocre, as the case with AVIC may be) things must ocme to an end...

With a new car with built-in Navi, I won't be messing with AVIC much anymore. I'll still check the forum out, though.

post-21081-037657000 1288627816_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, when I get my next car it is going to be around my Avic :). At least it will be good that you are still around, as we have learned a lot from you and your input has always been very valuable! Enjoy your new vehicle and your ride!

Damn, when I get my next car it is going to be around my Avic :). At least it will be good that you are still around, as we have learned a lot from you and your input has always been very valuable! Enjoy your new vehicle and your ride!

Thanks.

I'll be riding around. Now, to put a performance chip in it... :)

• 2 months later...

Surprisingly faster... haha sorry you can't use that in our city... wait till the new mayor comes.

Yea, the built in navis have gone far, toyota just released a killer navi that will make units like pioneer fall to their knees.

's what highways are for ;) Driving faster than 10mph on Chicago streets is a sure way to lose a wheel in a pothole. And a supercharged V6 makes going over 10 far too easy... :blink:

But yeah, new Navigation Plus can actually be cotrolled with voice (and it works, too), reads addresses from the phone, and outputting directions both to the screen and to the instrument cluster is nice, too. I still miss camera warnings, though.

Pfft, Don't need to tell me, I ride motorcycles, I feel every single bloody hole... at least they fixed the highways, now it's no longer scary at night.

Swweeet... Supercharged v6 audi? What'cha get the A6?

S4 with all the trimmings :rolleyes:

Yeah... I thought Russian roads were bad... but they are lightyears ahead of what we got in Chicago...