AVIC411.com

Hey All,

Well it appears that my 700 is dead. It was working fine, then I lost my contacts today. Next time in the truck it would give me the splash screen , then shut down. I restarted the truck and that did not help. I also did the reset button to no avail. Lastly I tried to update to the latest firmware that I could download, v 2.008. I only had 2.006 in it. That will not reboot and load either. I called Pioneer, and they tell me that the software is corrupt and that the firmware update will not correct it. $200 for repair, plus i have to remove it and ship it in. Any thoughts? Is Pioneer tech correct? This unit has never been modified with any hacks. 100% stock, other than firmware updates. Now I need to decide what to do with it. I know many of you guys are always messing around with the system on this thing, so maybe there are other things I can try. Thanks

Pablo

I have never played with test mode and stuff. I am understanding this, if I use test mode, does the radio boot from the SD card? I then use the linked update and it reflashes the OS in the unit? That is what Pioneer wants to do for $200. I am correct in understanding this?

Correct the f700bt will boot from the SD card, it will update the OS and it will update your AVIC software.

Try the FX3.1 update. You have nothing to lose.

Success!!!! Thanks for the suggestion. It took a lot of work, and a crash course in torrents and RAR archives etc, and the Windows environment. Also I tried a few times, but could not get it to boot into test mode. I finally tried a smaller SD card and that did the trick, or so it seems. I had a lot of difficulty in the Windows environment formatting my 8 gig SDHC card. When it gave me problems in the F700, i was questioning weather the fact that I formatted it with Disk Utility as fat32 in the MAC environment was the issue. It shouldn't be but you never know. Anyway, I have music again and Nav!