AVIC411.com

AVD-W6210 Screen

So I'm checking out this monitor and thought that it'd be neat to hook it up to my N3 for rear seat passengers. However, after further investigation (and after purchasing!!!), it requires a stand-alone navigation system and seems to be incompatible with the AVIC-N3 navigation system. I guess I will be using the dual zone features of the N3 to display the Navi on the rear-screen using only low-quality AV inputs =\ I got a good deal on it, though! And it's also nice to have a screen which has an ambient light sensor to automatically adjust the brightness of the screen like the AVIC-N3 does. It just sucks to have all of those NAVI buttons with no use for them!

Does anbody know which navigation units are compatible with this unit? If I could get one from eBay, or another member for cheap, I'd install it as it's own stand alone Navi for rear passengers! (I know this sounds stupid, but if it's cheap, it's not like I don't already have the wires ran for it!!!)

Also, is the data cable that runs to the N3 a 26-pin cable? I counted the pins in the N3's installation manual, and it totaled to be 30. Is this true? I'd try running the Navi cable from the back of the N3 head unit to the AVD-W6210 screen's brain to see if it can act as a stand-alone Navi unit using the N3's brain as a stand-alone. If it does, I wonder what would happen if I purchased a spare one of these cables, and tapped it to both the N3 brain AND the AVD-W6210. Would it allow control of the Navi via BOTH screens? Or I could just get another N3/N2 brain and use it! Hmm.....

Yeah, it's located to the top right of the screen (on the sub-display). It senses the light outside and adjusts the brightness of the screen to suit. If it's daylight outside, hold your hand over the top right of the screen and watch the display dim because it thinks its darker outside!

I thought that was just an infrared reciever for a remote, cool.

Any of the older standalone nav should work with it. AVIC9DVD, or 90, 8, 80, 88. The picture quality isn't that bad running through dual zone

What are the full abbreviations for these models? That way I can find them on the net... Also, which is the newest and most update able? I'd like to have the newest version of maps running as possible...

AVIC-9DVD, AVIC-90DVD, AVIC-80DVD, AVIC-88DVD. The newest software that will work in those right now is the CNDV50 disks

Any of the older standalone nav should work with it. AVIC9DVD, or 90, 8, 80, 88. The picture quality isn't that bad running through dual zone

What are the full abbreviations for these models? That way I can find them on the net... Also, which is the newest and most update able? I'd like to have the newest version of maps running as possible...