AVIC411.com

Avic F Series and iPhone 3G/GS/4 with iOS 4.2

I noticed today after connecting my iPhone 4 with iOS 4.2 that two recently introduced problems (introduced with the upgrade from iPhone OS 3.XX to iOS 4.0-4.1) are gone. When I would search for a song, artist or album using the alphabetical search (skip to songs starting with W for instance) it now works again where previously selecting a letter would not jump to that area in the list. Podcasts no longer reset to the 2nd or 3rd chapter everytime you restart the AVIC (car), they jump back to the last spot you were listening. These are "unannounced" fixes to iOS. I will keep you posted if I see any other bug fixes.

thats good news. is 4.2 only for iphone 4?itunes is saying 4.1 is the latest for my 3gs. now if they could fix the issue where turning off the AVIC ends the phone call.... life would be great!

4.2 just went to "Gold Master" status, and will be released very shortly to the 3G, 3GS 4 and iPad (have it running on all, including iPad that now works with my AVIC as an iPod). I have not checked to see if they fixed the call drop when you turn off the car. I miss that (used to work back in Avic OS 2.0 days... back when I had Windows Mobile) but I dont know if Avic 3.x OS or the iPhone was the culprit, I just hate telling people " I have to hang up now cause I am getting out of the car, I will call you back". Ridiculous.

They're not going to fix anything with the older F or X series. Those units are done. Any issues that are currently a problem will stay that way.

I guess thats the question then, is this an AVIC issue or an iOS issue. Does the bluetooth hang up problem exist with other phones outside of the Apple realm?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The latter.

Basically reset your iPhone but dont restore the backup. Just resync the apps and start over from scratch. Ouch.

I guess to test this you could just reset your iphone and sync one movie. If it works then continue on. If it doesnt then restore your backup. Just make sure you do one before you reset your phone.

Sorry for late response. I thought I would get an email when someone post on here. I discovered that when I looked at the iPhone, it too showed no content. But when I connected it to iTunes, all the content was still there. So I got a wild hair and added a new song to the iPhone and voila. All content showed up on the phone and car. This must be happening a lot since by brother had the same problem. Happy to say that it is not a conflict with the AVIC. Sorry for any alarm.