AVIC411.com

Tilt issue when car is off

I am having and annoying serious problem with my avic z3. I took it to a shop and had it put in a 2010 mustang and they said they unlocked it. And it was fine for a week. Now when I turn my car off the screen tilts down until it hits the shifter and then stops there. When I get back in the car it doesn't go back, i have to hit the tilt button several times and manually put it back up. This is my wifes car, she doesn't want to drive it now and I need to get this fixed so she will. I hope someone know whats going on, this never happened in the previous vehicle it was in (2008 scion xb) I dont want to blame the shop but after they unlocked it, thats when it started happening. If it hits the shifter will it break anything inside of it? or is there a safety? Its so freakin annoying.

Thank you for your time. i will answer any questions quickly.

Jim and Tiff

i dunno what did this, it did start after a week after it was installed. I can have some video up tomorrow, maybe that will help. I dont know why it wants to eject. I dont know if itll help resetting it. Do you think that when it ejects and hits something does it break? or does it just stop? could it have come of the trucks? or whatever it uses to roll out? maybe a misalignment?

i dunno what did this, it did start after a week after it was installed. I can have some video up tomorrow, maybe that will help. I dont know why it wants to eject. I dont know if itll help resetting it. Do you think that when it ejects and hits something does it break? or does it just stop? could it have come of the trucks? or whatever it uses to roll out? maybe a misalignment?

I think it will break if it hits. Reset is always a good start to troubleshoot. If you can look under the screen when it opens, look for the white "gear track" on the right side. See if it looks loose.

thanks guys its off the rollers underneath it. Ill send video tomorrow night, I hope I dont have to open it to get it to hook back up.

You will need to replace the white track gear called "Rack". There are instructions on the forum with a walk though on how to replace it. It will require the unit to be removed from the car and completely disassemebled. This is a common problem with the Z series. The replacement part can be purchased from Pioneer parts

what if i leave it like it is? will it get worse? and If I fix it will it break again when it hits the shifter? I am still wondering why it comes down as well. I wonder why poineer didnt make it so that if it doesn't go down the whole way it doesn't break.

And not that anyone here can answer this one but I really do wonder why ford made it so that its really hard to change out the factory stereo, scoche and metra kits are both the same sorta on the position of the head units and there both down to far. WTH ford!