AVIC411.com

X910BT resetting restarting 2hrs troubleshoot conclusion

i also replied this to some threads about the restart problems, but here is my new thread:

hi all, i'm new to the forums, but i what brought me here was this issue. I dont own this head unit, however i'm an installer and i need to troubleshoot this symptom.

my friend has the x910, installed and working flawlessly for the past year and half. about 2 weeks ago he called me saying the HU was resetting/restarting about 30 seconds to 1 minute, repeatedly. yesterday i spent about 2hrs troubleshooting the HU, Harnesses, and car harness, and we reached a conclusion: -Everytime we connected the GPS antenna, this would happen; keeps restarting repeatedly... when the GPS antenna is disconnected, the unit works 100% fine, without any restarts. (except it loses the GPS ability)

so we are about to buy or borrow a new GPS antenna and see what happens from there.

Please let me know if you guys try this out and it works. maybe theres a major defect on these series that pioneer needs to address.