AVIC411.com

SD Card for MP3s - Folders Missing

I copied my entire music library, about 10Gb worth, to a 16Gb SD card. When read into my Z120BT, many of the folders are missing.

The card is formatted FAT32, the folders are organized by Artist, album, mp3 files.

Is this problem common? Beyond the normal limitations of FAT32, are there file or folder naming conventions that I need to stick to for the Z120BT?

Thanks for any help. Tried looking for related threads without any luck.

There is both a limitation on the number of directories (300) and the number of files (2500) regardless of the SD size. See the Appendix Media Compatability Chart.

There are also likely limitations on the file name format. I'm sure it is more restrictive than Windows.

Thanks much. It's probably the 397 folders I have causing the problem. Will look more closely at the manual and flatten the file structure a bit.

Keep in mind, when running from the SD card in "MUSIC" mode, only directories with compatible music files will show up. In other words, if you have file formats that are not listed as compatible (flac, m4p, ogg, etc.) these files WILL NOT SHOW UP on the headunit.