AVIC411.com

Trip Computer

Hi Abb1:

My trip computer does not always work. Even with the update, it works early on but no success...

I was wondering if we can add a start button to the trip computer? I noticed we have pause and reset. Is it possible?

Just think out loud!

Thanks

Jimbo

Hi Abb1:

My trip computer does not always work. Even with the update, it works early on but no success...

I was wondering if we can add a start button to the trip computer? I noticed we have pause and reset. Is it possible?

Just think out loud!

Thanks

Jimbo

With my mod, it has been working perfectly. The times that it hasn't is when I put the car in motion before the trip computer starts. That is another factor, if you already are moving before the computer starts, it has no start point, therefore it cannot give data. A start button will not fix this and it is kinda pointless, because when it is moving and you hit the start button, it has no starting data, so it CANNOT work! For those of you that jump in the car, start it, immediately put the car in gear and speed away like a bat out of hell, it will NEVER work!

With my mod, it has been working perfectly. The times that it hasn't is when I put the car in motion before the trip computer starts. That is another factor, if you already are moving before the computer starts, it has no start point, therefore it cannot give data. A start button will not fix this and it is kinda pointless, because when it is moving and you hit the start button, it has no starting data, so it CANNOT work! For those of you that jump in the car, start it, immediately put the car in gear and speed away like a bat out of hell, it will NEVER work!

Good point!

I will see if that works. I will wait until until the trip screen comes up before moving the truck.

Thanks

Jimbo

Mine almost NEVER WORKS!! It has been this way since day one. Despite NUMEROUS mods it is always the same. I have one of the lemons fo sho. Too bad because it is a great mod. I dont use track logs either because it is tied into the same bullshit.

The only thig that is good about mine is all the pretty colors! Tha is why I still use my garmin for nav and this POS for a radio!

Bud

Mine almost NEVER WORKS!! It has been this way since day one. Despite NUMEROUS mods it is always the same. I have one of the lemons fo sho. Too bad because it is a great mod. I dont use track logs either because it is tied into the same bullshit.

The only thig that is good about mine is all the pretty colors! Tha is why I still use my garmin for nav and this POS for a radio!

Bud

Even with V4 of my mod? It should work as it has a delayed start. Make sure that the car is not moving before the tripcomputer starts, or I should say the GPS signal. That was the initial reason for the 'Nag screen', so that when the screen pops up, you can then move your car for the trip computer to work. If you move the car before it activates, chances are that it wont come on. I disabled my nag screen but I always move my car when I got a GPS signal, which is no problem as it only takes about 10-15 sec from the time I start my car

Good point!

I will see if that works. I will wait until until the trip screen comes up before moving the truck.

Thanks

Jimbo

Still no luck... If I copy the trip computer file over from common\ui it will work at that time but not the next time I try to use it. I did sit and waited until the "Trip Computer is Accessible" while in park. Then when I started to drive, the date and the time shows the correct info (starting time) but is does not start up.

Any other ideas that might work?

Jimbo

Still no luck... If I copy the trip computer file over from common\ui it will work at that time but not the next time I try to use it. I did sit and waited until the "Trip Computer is Accessible" while in park. Then when I started to drive, the date and the time shows the correct info (starting time) but is does not start up.

Any other ideas that might work?

Jimbo

That doesn't make sense, I don't think that you copied the scripts that delay the process, making it work. I remember when you first put up your mod that you had a lot missing, except for the nag screen. The script is in a couple locations. Download my V4 and look at my script