AVIC411.com

2006 Mustang GT VSS wire

I know this topic has come up in the past. I have searched the forum, but have yet to find a definitive answer. Does anyone know if the 06 Mustang GT has a VSS wire? If it does, where is it? Has anyone installed the AVIC-Z120BT without connecting the VSS wire and what was your result? Thanks.

I know this topic has come up in the past. I have searched the forum, but have yet to find a definitive answer. Does anyone know if the 06 Mustang GT has a VSS wire? If it does, where is it? Has anyone installed the AVIC-Z120BT without connecting the VSS wire and what was your result? Thanks.

I only have the Ford factory service manuals for a 2004 Mustang so this may not be relevant but maybe it didn't change for 2006.

2004 Radio

Premium Radio - 16 pin connector - no VSS signal present

Mach 460 or 1000 Radio - 24 Pin connector - The VSS signal is pin 14, (WH/OG) wire.

Hope this helps.

I only have the Ford factory service manuals for a 2004 Mustang so this may not be relevant but maybe it didn't change for 2006.

2004 Radio

Premium Radio - 16 pin connector - no VSS signal present

Mach 460 or 1000 Radio - 24 Pin connector - The VSS signal is pin 14, (WH/OG) wire.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the post. Unfortunately, it did change. Everything I've read indicated the VSS is under the hood somewhere. That's the $64 million question.

Ok I stand corrected, Mustangs are dumb. Pin 14 in the radio harness is the VSS on Fords with the 24 pin radios. I looked in the 05 up shop manuals and they use the network for VSS signal for the factory radio. I am trying to find the VSS wire for your car and will post back when I find it.

Ok Mustangs 05+ use the Output Shaft Speed sensor(OSS) from the transmission to the PCM and then the VSS is a network item. So you can tie into the OSS signal at the PCM. It is going to be pin #3 on the transmission harness at the PCM connector. It will be dark blue with yellow tracer. I attached a picture of the connector you need. Hope this helps.

post-39780-026065500 1289708405_thumb.jpeg

post-39780-040125800 1289708406_thumb.jpeg

Ok Mustangs 05+ use the Output Shaft Speed sensor(OSS) from the transmission to the PCM and then the VSS is a network item. So you can tie into the OSS signal at the PCM. It is going to be pin #3 on the transmission harness at the PCM connector. It will be dark blue with yellow tracer. I attached a picture of the connector you need. Hope this helps.

post-39780-026065500 1289708405_thumb.jpeg

post-39780-040125800 1289708406_thumb.jpeg

Thanks for the info. I'll let you know how it turns out. Do you happen to know if there is any voltage on that wire?