AVIC411.com

Hey guys can someone help me? I recently bought a $50 ipod cable from Apple after hearing that my Japanese ipod cable might be faulty. Every time i go to play video from my ipod, the F900 plays a second of it and shuts the ipod connection off like it doesn't recognize it. my ipod is a new 160GB classic. So said screw it and stopped trying to play video. Now when i leave my ipod in my car and start the car the only recognizes the iPod 1 out of a 100 times. If i unplug the ipod and plug it back in, it'll play then stop like it doesnt recognize it. I am running the version right before V3.0 its like 2.1101 or something. Help me if you can.....Thanks

there's nothing wrong with the ipod.

at least not that you can see by normal use (which is only part of a fully working system) you clearly do have a problem, and the first steps should be the most easiest things to do, resetting the ipod is by far the most easiest thing that you can do, and should be the first thing done when trying to figure out a problem like this.

i concur with Jason, i have seen this fix many many ipod problems where there was "nothing wrong" with the Ipod, but resetting it fixed the problems

Try resetting the ipod. Hold play and menu until it restarts.

I have done this before with my iphone when it couldnt connect to the Avic. I would reset it and then, all is fine, it would connect instantly. It wouldn't hurt to try it

i reset my ipod...but the problem still continued. Now When i get the ipod to work i leave it on map before i turn the car off. When i turn the car on it goes to map and the ipod works. However, if i try to play video on it the same thing happens - it plays a second of the video then shuts off.

anyone else have this issue...

Another option: Try a friends IPOD that is the same model. If it reproduces then you know it's the Avic. If not it's the IPOD.

if the problem has to do with a ipod firmware version that is not compatible, then both ipods could exhibit the same symptoms. the chances of this are pretty minimal but it could happen, i have seen a few ipods that have had problem get cleared up by either up dating or back dating the firmware