AVIC411.com

I have a Z1-upgraded to Z3. I have had it since 2006. I bought the Z1 through Circuit City and they installed it. It has worked flawlessly since I bought it. A year and a half ago I upgraded to Z3 and it has worked flawlessly since then. It is installed in a 2006 Silverado 3500 Dura Max/Allision 6.6 Diesel.

About a week ago, the battery was dead and the truck wouldn't start. I recharged the batteries and and they were okay. The battery meter showed 13-14 charge when running.

Sunday it was dead again. The dealer said the batteries were bad. They had to replace the batteries prior to diagnose the problem. They said there was a drain on the new batteries from the AVIC Z3. Has anyone else experienced this problem. Previously, the Z3 appeared to shutoff when the ignition key was turned off and the door opened. I am speculating that something has failed in the Z3 and it is staying on and draining the batteries.

Any thoughts or fixes would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

Don