AVIC411.com

update z1 to 2010 maps

Hey - I have Avic Z1. I'm considering getting one of Garrett's Z3 2010 maps hard drives, or upgrading my Z1 to 2010 maps via the pioneer upgrade disk.

My question is what would be the difference between an upgraded z1 with 2010 maps , or a z3 with 2010 maps ?

are there any graphical interface differences? Features?

The only reason i would want to keep my current HD is not to reload all my songs.

any info would be greatly appreciated

The end results will be the same EXCEPT your drive will still be locked if using the Pioneer 2010 update DVD. Your exisiting drive can be unlocked and upgraded saving your personal music, address book, settings, etc. You can do this your self with the instructions available on this site, or by sending the drive to me.

The end results will be the same EXCEPT your drive will still be locked if using the Pioneer 2010 update DVD. Your exisiting drive can be unlocked and upgraded saving your personal music, address book, settings, etc. You can do this your self with the instructions available on this site, or by sending the drive to me.

Thanks for both your replies. I was unaware that the 2010 maps would update my unit to Z3. @GARRETT : I still have to get the bypass done, I'll PM you when I do!