AVIC411.com

PAC SWI-ps and VR ?

Hello:

I'm using a PAC SWI-ps with my Z120BT to try and retain steering wheel functions in my 2010 Ford Explorer Sport Trac.

Programming the PAC SWI-ps is now easy and I've retained Volume +/-, Seek +/- and Media controller. However, I still do NOT have the 'VOICE' button or the 'PHONE' button to work even though my version of the SWIPS is supposed to do this!

I called PAC and they said that some steering wheels have buttons on different circuits and that could be the problem? I called a knowledgeable local installer which stated that Z120BT's are known for not retaining VOICE/PHONE function even with a PAC SWI-ps, can anyone share their experiences?

In other words, can anyone else enable VOICE/BT mode on the Z120 via their steering wheel control using a SWIPS?

I love my system, but would really like to have VOICE/PHONE button function if possible?

Thanks for any help,

B3

VR is fully programable and what the knowledgeable installer told you is not true, or at least if it is it's never been reported here. What PAC told you however is certainly true. Just because the button is on the steering wheele doesn't mean it is on the same control wire as the other buttons.

Hi VBlue42:

So IF my wheel's VOICE/PHONE are in fact on seperate circuit, is there anyway to make this work with the PAC SWIPS? Anyway to place the VOICE/PHONE circuit wires on the same circuit as the line powering the the volume/seek/media?

I will be at my Ford dealer today, might ask them about the circuitry of the wheel?

Appreciate any other advice?

Thanks,

B3

Visited Ford dealer today, the service writer seemed certain that ALL the steering wheel controls are on one circuit.

If that's the case, does it all lead back to the PAC controller? I've programmed it multiple times, skipping over non-needed or unavailable functions, never able to get a positive program for the voice/phone on/phone off.

The PAC rep mentioned a way to test if there's an electrical 'draw' when pressing the non-functioning buttons, but I didn't get the details. Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks again for any help,

B3

When you attempt to program the buttons, if the led on the PAC doesn't light, its not on the same circuit. This is just like trying to program your cruise control buttons to the PAC. Its not going to work. Do yourself a favor and purchase the PAC WRI and the Pioneer CD-SR100 steering wheel remote. Use the Pioneer remote for the basic functions and program all the other functions the Pioneer remote wont do like phone and VR functions to your steering wheel controls through the SWI-PS. Both PACs can be used together. I demo this in the following video. Enjoy.

Details on the WRI-P are below.

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/26230-new-ir-receiver-for-avic-adds-wireless-remote-control/

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/26419-supported-remotes-with-the-pac-wri-p/