AVIC411.com

reverting back to 110, help

i really dont like the new 120 GUI and i swear the volume is lower after the update. I want to revert back to the 110 programing now. can i just redownload the 1st z110 update in the "110 - 120" thread and install that? i have a competition to go to tomorrow so please get back to me ASAP guys.

thanks.

Nope, no turning back. The 1.001 update was just a patch release, and even if it wasn't I doubt that the AVIC firmware would allow you to install a version older than the current one. So, you're stuck with 2.xxx. Maybe you could sell yours and buy a Z110.

What volume source(s) are you saying is too low? You can adjust the sources individually in Audio Settings menu, SLA. Some of your customized settings may have been reset during the upgrade.

all the settings should have been flat. i do everything through my MS-8. i mean, its not a big deal because i can just retune but i really dont like the GUI. my main complaint is having no "shuffle play all" button means i have to navigate through several menus and select some random song from the "songs" list. annoying to do when you are driving. i think the general way you navigate the z110 is much easier while you are driving than the 120. lol too bad i didnt know that before i updated.

with the F series you could load the original firmware back onto it whenever you wanted so i was hoping you could do the same here. i only got this unit this past summer. im not up for selling it and trying to get another used one.