AVIC411.com

D3 Completley Shut Off In 04 Escalade

My D3 i bought new when it first came out, has been in 3 of my vehicles, first a 06 altima, then into a 05 CTS, and now its in my 04 Escalade w bose/onstar. It has been working just fine up until 2 days ago. I have a toggle on off switch to control the dimming of the screen instead of it dimming and un dimming when the headlights are turned on. The switch is hanging below my driver side dash. The other day, i went to flick the switch, and part of the switch may have hit metal or something, and when i hit the switch to dim the unit. the entire thing shut off. I checked the fuse in the back of the D3, its fine. I removed the unit and put my factory nav back in for the time being, which also did not power on at all. It turned out to be the fuse under my hood for radio power etc. After I replaced that fuse, i tried to reinstall the D3 with all the wires the same as they were before. After putting it in, it turns on just fine now, but my sound is completley distorted. I have to turn it all the way up to 40 to be able to hear anything really, and when I press the onstar button on my steering wheel, it turns off the D3 and the onstar voice comes on. The metra/pac GMOS-04 that i have installed, was bought used on ebay. Anyone have any guesses here? I know it is wired in correctly. Im thinking its the GMOS-04 box just crapped out?