AVIC411.com

Possible to fast forward

I have very large audio book mp3 files. Every now and then I bump the forward button and I loose my place in the file. It starts at the beginning. Does anyone know of a way to REALLY fast forward or jump to a spot. If there were a slider, I could position it myself. These books are in excess of 8 hours in size. I tried to go backwards from the beginning, but that just restarts at the beginning. Last time I did this I was 7.5 hours into an 8 hr book. I had to sit there with my finger on the fast forward for about an hour and a half while driving.

Thanks for any feedback you may have,

Mike

I have very large audio book mp3 files. Every now and then I bump the forward button and I loose my place in the file. It starts at the beginning. Does anyone know of a way to REALLY fast forward or jump to a spot. If there were a slider, I could position it myself. These books are in excess of 8 hours in size. I tried to go backwards from the beginning, but that just restarts at the beginning. Last time I did this I was 7.5 hours into an 8 hr book. I had to sit there with my finger on the fast forward for about an hour and a half while driving.

Thanks for any feedback you may have,

Mike

You didn't say whether the MP3's were on CD, SD, iPod, or USB. But I think this works for all. Press and hold Fast Forward (>>) or rewind (<<) soft key - not the hard buttons < or >.

This happens to be on a CD, but I could put it on a SD or USB. I don't have soft keys. It only shows play/pause on the screen.

You didn't say whether the MP3's were on CD, SD, iPod, or USB. But I think this works for all. Press and hold Fast Forward (>>) or rewind (<<) soft key - not the hard buttons < or >.

This happens to be on a CD, but I could put it on a SD or USB. I don't have soft keys. It only shows play/pause on the screen.

I was using the Z110 manual. On the Z120, and maybe the 110 too, you press and hold the hard button < or >. I think they changed all the players' interfaces on Z120.

Even with this, it will be a pain to FF a few hours into a file. Have fun...