AVIC411.com

startup scripts

Does anyone know if a script can start when the unit is powered on? Its difficult because the WinCE image does not really save changes. The earliest I have gotten is the "st_start" script. I would like to run a mortscript on startup before most things load or at least a lot earlier than "st_start". Even when in an emulator the iGo software loads languages and maps before starting the st_start stuff at the end. Is there any way to execute something earlier?

This is an effort to try a theory out I have to fix the trip computer so any help would be appreciated. :)

This is an effort to try a theory out I have to fix the trip computer so any help would be appreciated. :)

Alex, the trip computer works 100% for me. I have been testing it now for months and still use it on a daily basis and it has NEVER failed me. I have put up several posts regarding this issue as it was something that I have been working on to try and figure out and find out why it works and WHAT makes it work. Download my mod and use the parameters that I have used and try it. Keep in mind that the trip computer is a COMPUTER, which means it NEEDS data at a starting point to perform calculations. Most people get in their cars and put it in gear and speed off and then say 'duh, why isn't my trip computer working?'. The answer to that is simple, you HAVE to wait until a GPS signal is present before moving the vehicle. If the car is in motion before the GPS signal is present, then the computer does not have a starting point for it's calculations and therefore cannot work! I remote start my car and get in it AFTER the system has loaded and the GPS signal is present and it WORKS 100%, NOT 99%. The ideal solution is to have a GPS antenna that has an immediate lock, but that is not possible as of yet, so unfortunately, to get the trip computer to work, you MUST wait until all is loaded AND a GPS signal is present. In my V4 mod, I have a nag screen present that tells you when the trip computer is accessible and when you can move your car, however, this is a nuisance and will be removed in V5 with an explanation on how to make this feature work.

Actually, because I use this feature so much, in my V5 that will come out soon, I have incorporated the 'Trip Computer' in the split screen map AND the speedometer so that you can have the full functioned trip computer in all major applications which can be switched back and forth by a button, while still having all important route data present :)!

@Abb: I see your fix. I need to download your mods to take a look at the inner workings but what I am trying to do is get rid of the need to do any waiting. If it works then even better. If not then yours is still a very viable option. There are sometimes you just cant wait (for example when someone is waiting for a parking spot during a busy holiday season). ;)

@Selsys: Thanks for the info... I will take a look.

@Abb: There are sometimes you just cant wait (for example when someone is waiting for a parking spot during a busy holiday

That is why I remote start my car before I get into it. All I gotta do is press a button on my cell phone or my key :), it is sort of like pressing the button to unlock your car, that simple!