antenna adapter-$13

Labor:

mobile video/ nav install-$100

if you have steering wheel controls

parts:

Swi-ps-$100

labor:

steering wheel adapter install-$60

intergrating with the factory DVD player to get video from avic to show up on rear screen

parts:

RCA cables-$30

labor:

running RCA cables and soldering wires to AV board (if no aux in plugs or dont want cable showing being plugged into aux in)-$40

intergrating with the factory DVD player to get rear dvd image to show on avic screen in front

parts:

RCA cables-$30

labor:

running RCA cables and soldering wires to AV board (if no aux in plugs or dont want cable showing being plugged into aux in)-$40

PARTS TOTAL - $345

TAX TOTAL - $20.70

LABOR TOTAL - $240

GRAND TOTAL - $605.70

so if you are really going to be able to get all of this done for $150, i would jump on it only after making sure that they know whats going to be needed to make it work with the bose system (as that part alone is $150) and that they do good enough work to where they are not going to destroy your car. it just seems to good to be true.

Well it turns out that the guy who quoted me the price of $150 got fired a few days later...apparently he had no idea what he was talking about. I was since offered a price of $278. I have already purchased all the necesary products needed for the install (wiring harness, installation kit, steering wheel controls, etc.) so they are charging me just for the install, no products. I installed a D3 in my old 2004 tahoe so I have some experience, but if I can save 8 hours of frustration, cutting, wiring, splicing, crimping, etc. for $278, maybe that's worth it.

I just got my unit installed and the places around here is charging $100-150 with the harness and kit for the dash area (for a perfect fit).

Luckily my dad has a friend that does audio stuff, so I got the unit installed for $60, but I decided to get brand new speakers (components) and an amp as well. Total was $170 and all I provided was the head unit, speakers, and amp.

Dash kit is usually around $20-30 and the wiring harness is usually $7-10

the wiring harness is usually $7-10

not for his car, the wire harness has a computer module that decodes the signals from the data bus line (when to turn on & off, dimming. reverse, VSS, and p-brake) and converts the signal to what the factory digital amp need to see, it also intergrates the factory OnStar so that it still works, and it cost quite a pretty penny

not for his car, the wire harness has a computer module that decodes the signals from the data bus line (when to turn on & off, dimming. reverse, VSS, and p-brake) and converts the signal to what the factory digital amp need to see, it also intergrates the factory OnStar so that it still works, and it cost quite a pretty penny

Oooohh I got it, my bad!