AVIC411.com

X910BT start up issues

That's right a "newbie" so please bear with me. This is my first exposure to forums an a unit like this.

Purchased a 910BT about a year ago and am finally doing the install in a 64 Chevelle. No rear camera, have XM tuner and iphone/ipod hook up wire. It appears to power up OK and goes to the NAV CONTACTS AV SOURCE screen. If I choose AV the appropriate icons illuminate, XM works, AM, FM and if iphone is connected, that one lights up too. If I put a DVD in, it will play the sound but no picture. I did not hook up the reverse wire and have not done anything with the parking brake wire. This car has no tell tale light for the parking brake. It also make no sense that the manual says to hook this wire to the power side of the switch. If that's the case, why not just hook it up to any 12v source?? Does it really read the difference when the light comes on?? The maps and GPS function although I haven't gotten into trying to enter any destinations yet. If I choose "SETTINGS" I get AV Setting and AV Sound icons illuminated but the Navi Settings and Systems Settings are grayed out. What is that all about?? When I choose "PHONE" on the bottom of the "Home" screen I have 8 real nice grayed out icons and can't choose anything on this screen. If I tell my iphone 4 to turn on Blue Tooth, it says its now discoverable but nothing happens beyond that. The unit also continuously cycles through its color spectrum for the lights of the Menu/Map/Eject features in the top left corner as long as the unit is powered up.

Any suggestions as to where to start??

• 4 weeks later...

It sounds like your parking break wire may not be connected correctly...or your parking break is not engaged. Oops, I read your post again and you said that you didn't connect the parking break wire. There's the problem. That must be connected for the unit to function properly. Typically, the situation you're describing would occur when the vehicle is moving. Pioneer tries to prevent people from using the nav when the car is in motion. This can be bypassed (at your own risk)...there are many posts that tell how to do this. As for the DVD sound, but no picture...press the DVD button on the bottom right of the screen and you should see the picture as well as hear the sound. Your illumication cycling through the entire spectrum is a feature that you can turn on/off in your settings. You can have it cycle, or select one specific color.

Cheers.