AVIC411.com

iPhone 4 car dock

Hello everyone. I have the X920BT installed and I bought the Pioneer AV wires for the unit. Is there a iPhone 4 car dock that doesn't require manually connecting the cable each time? Does anyone make a car dock like the home docks where you can charge and play music through your car entertainment system by simply docking it using the standard apple connector at the bottom of the phone?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Syberman

any that ive seen or helped with were custom made by taking the dock insert adapter that comes with the ipod or iphone(the little white piece of plastic that make your ipod/iphone fit into all the universal stuff), cutting a hole in the dash where ever the person wanted the dock mounted, then you need to trim off the little metal locking clips on the pioneer dock cable itself (so that you dont have to squeeze the release buttons to take the pod out of the dock) then using epoxy to bond the cable to the dock insert, this is the trickest part, because if every thing doesnt line up then the ipod wont slide into the dock real easy, what i like to do is to put the ipod into the dock insert and then plug in the cable and use a little bit of hot glue to hold the cable to the dock insert, once the glue has hardend up, remove the ipod and then use a good amount of epoxy to permenitely bond them together, once you have that all done, then you just need to mount the new dock assembly under the hole that you cut for it using more epoxy.

I use the G2 cradle from Dice electronics. It's similar to the proclip but ran alot cheaper when I bought it. I think i got the G2 from ebay, then emailed dice and they sent me a free adapter for the iphone 4 but honestly, the iphone 3G one that came with the G2 works better w/ my iphone 4. the one for the 4 is just TOO snug if that's possible.