AVIC411.com

I did the install in my 07 pathfinder. Everything works fine besides the bypass( I know the wire isnt down all that way in the harness. havent had time to fix it yet) and the i pod cable. In order for the i pod to play music through the head unit i have to unplug the headphone jack form the i pod and plug it back in. All the info on the screen shows that the i pod is connected and is actually playing but i don't have any sound until i unplug/plug back in the head phone jack. Is there something i did wrong on the install? or is the ipod cable pioneer gave with the head unit messed up? its really annoying to have to reach into my glove box and constantly unplug/plug it everytime i start the truck.Its gotten to the point where i stopped using it. any help is appreciated..

I did the install in my 07 pathfinder. Everything works fine besides the bypass( I know the wire isnt down all that way in the harness. havent had time to fix it yet) and the i pod cable. In order for the i pod to play music through the head unit i have to unplug the headphone jack form the i pod and plug it back in. All the info on the screen shows that the i pod is connected and is actually playing but i don't have any sound until i unplug/plug back in the head phone jack. Is there something i did wrong on the install? or is the ipod cable pioneer gave with the head unit messed up? its really annoying to have to reach into my glove box and constantly unplug/plug it everytime i start the truck.Its gotten to the point where i stopped using it. any help is appreciated..

Why are you using the headphone jack? Just use the Pioneer adapter cable that plugs into the bottom of the iPod. It handles control/charging/audio/video. At the other end of the Pioneer cable it breaks out into a mini plug and USB. They both plug into the Pioneer dongle/harness.

Wait, by "the ipod cable pioneer gave with the head unit", do you mean you didn't purchase the iPod adapter cable (CD-IU50V - sold separately)?

You're not just plugging a standard ipod-USB cable into the Pioneer USB jack, then conneting earphone out to the Pioneer mini-jack with a stereo jumper, are you????

If so, you're lucky to get any audio at all.

Why are you using the headphone jack? Just use the Pioneer adapter cable that plugs into the bottom of the iPod. It handles control/charging/audio/video. At the other end of the Pioneer cable it breaks out into a mini plug and USB. They both plug into the Pioneer dongle/harness.

Wait, by "the ipod cable pioneer gave with the head unit", do you mean you didn't purchase the iPod adapter cable (CD-IU50V - sold separately)?

You're not just plugging a standard ipod-USB cable into the Pioneer USB jack, then conneting earphone out to the Pioneer mini-jack with a stereo jumper, are you????

If so, you're lucky to get any audio at all.

The i pod cable im using came with the head unit i bought. It has the standard "i pod" connector and also has a headphone style connector. If i remember correctly it plugs right into the back of the head unit in the i pod spot. Its a weird shaped plug. so it goes from the back of the head unit as one plug then it splits into two. the i pod connector and the other the head phone plug. If that makes any sense

The i pod cable im using came with the head unit i bought. It has the standard "i pod" connector and also has a headphone style connector. If i remember correctly it plugs right into the back of the head unit in the i pod spot. Its a weird shaped plug. so it goes from the back of the head unit as one plug then it splits into two. the i pod connector and the other the head phone plug. If that makes any sense

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Navigation/AVIC-Z120BT_InstallationManual0129.pdf

Here is the Z120-BT Installation manual. What plugs into the back of the HU is the USB & Mini-jack connector. See pg 8.

You said

"i have to unplug the headphone jack form the i pod and plug it back in."

So, exactly which headphone plug must you disconnect and reconnect in order to get audio to work? The mini-jack and plug is not a headphone connection, it is the A/V circuits split from the ipod plug.

If you have the connections set as shown on pgs 8 & 9, then it sounds like one of your cables is bad.

This is the end result of how its hooked up.

2010-12-24_23-20-08_943.jpg

i pod cable by itself

2010-12-24_23-19-24_209.jpg

headphone jack cable by itself

2010-12-24_23-19-09_623.jpg

so it goes: headunit- from the back of the head unit I plugged in the supplied cable into the i pod opening- then it goes to two connectors-- usb, and headphone jack--as you can see in the pics the way it sits completed. sorry if im confusing you. I cant think of any other way to type it out and make sense.

This is the end result of how its hooked up.

2010-12-24_23-20-08_943.jpg

i pod cable by itself

2010-12-24_23-19-24_209.jpg

headphone jack cable by itself

2010-12-24_23-19-09_623.jpg

so it goes: headunit- from the back of the head unit I plugged in the supplied cable into the i pod opening- then it goes to two connectors-- usb, and headphone jack--as you can see in the pics the way it sits completed. sorry if im confusing you. I cant think of any other way to type it out and make sense.

That is not the correct cable. It is not a CD-IU50V. There is no separate mini-plug cable as you show. So the diagrm on pgs 8 & 9. From the HU cable the is a female USB and mini-jack. The CD-IU50V has an ipod connector on one end. The other end splits into a male USB and mini-plug.

That is not the correct cable. It is not a CD-IU50V. There is no separate mini-plug cable as you show. So the diagrm on pgs 8 & 9. From the HU cable the is a female USB and mini-jack. The CD-IU50V has an ipod connector on one end. The other end splits into a male USB and mini-plug.

so the CD-IU50V is the correct i pod cable i need. Not the mess of cables i have now. would explain why it doesnt work right.

• 1 month later...

So does that mean that the signal is converted from Digital to Analog, and back to Digital?

If that's the case, it makes absolutely no sense at all.

Correct me if i'm wrong.