AVIC411.com

iPod Volume is Super Low

I just installed a X920BT in my 2007 Tahoe. Most things are working great, but the iPod volume is extremely low. I have to have the volume set on about 25-35 just to hear it, and 40 really isn't that loud. The AM/FM radio volume is normal (so volume set at 40 is extremely loud). Anyone know what could cause this or how to fix it? Thanks for any help!

Also, my illumination wire doesn't work; the nav screen doesn't turn black at night.

check your SLA settings for the ipod source, then check your cable(you may have a defective cable)

also check a friends ipod (there may be a problem with your ipod)

depending on which harness was use to install the radio, you will probably have to run your onw illum wire to a dash light, if you used the basic harness (about $20) with no computer module, there is no illum wire in the factory harness.

if you used one of the intergration harnesses ($100-$150) you may have one of the cars where the illum wire does not function as it should, either way the fix is the same.

check your SLA settings for the ipod source, then check your cable(you may have a defective cable)

also check a friends ipod (there may be a problem with your ipod)

depending on which harness was use to install the radio, you will probably have to run your onw illum wire to a dash light, if you used the basic harness (about $20) with no computer module, there is no illum wire in the factory harness.

if you used one of the intergration harnesses ($100-$150) you may have one of the cars where the illum wire does not function as it should, either way the fix is the same.

I've checked the SLA settings and bumped it up all the way for the iPod. I think it's my cables honestly. I'm still waiting for my Pioneer iPod cable to be shipped, so in the meantime I'm using a standard white iPod cable (from Apple) and a separate 3.5 mm cable. Hopefully once I get the right cable, this issue will fix itself.

well, weve found the problem, the audio coming out of the dock connector is a standard audio out signal, with no volume control (steady level), the audio coming out of the headphone jack is goverened by the volume controls of the ipod (which are locked out once plugged into the AVIC's UBS commector)

here we have another case of the problem being caused by using the wrong parts.

while you are waiting for the corect part to come in, before you hook up the Ipod to the AVIC, turn the volume up to about 80% (any higher and you will probaby start to have some distortion) THEN plug it into the AVIC.

well, weve found the problem, the audio coming out of the dock connector is a standard audio out signal, with no volume control (steady level), the audio coming out of the headphone jack is goverened by the volume controls of the ipod (which are locked out once plugged into the AVIC's UBS commector)

here we have another case of the problem being caused by using the wrong parts.

while you are waiting for the corect part to come in, before you hook up the Ipod to the AVIC, turn the volume up to about 80% (any higher and you will probaby start to have some distortion) THEN plug it into the AVIC.

I'll give this a shot. I'll also be sure to post if the problem fixes itself once I get the Pioneer cable.

I've also noticed a problem when playing video from the iPod; I hear sound, but there is no picture on the screen. I'm assuming that this is also caused by not using the Pioneer cable.

I've also noticed a problem when playing video from the iPod; I hear sound, but there is no picture on the screen. I'm assuming that this is also caused by not using the Pioneer cable.

that would totally depend on what type of aux cable you are using, there is the standard aux cable with a three pin conector plug (left+, right+, and common ground)that can not tranmit video, and then there is a four pin connector plug (left+, right+, video+, and common ground) and there is two different versions of that cable, the corect pinout will transmit video, and the corect pinout is shown in the manual.

then on top of that you have to make sure that the video out settings are turned on in the Ipod settings and set to NTSC