AVIC411.com

Camera Recommendation

Hi,

What backup camera do you all recommend for the AVIC HD1BT ?

The original ND-BC1? - or are there other alternatives with better features ?

The price of the ND-BC1 is not a problem - just checking if there are other alternatives.

I'm going for a rear bumper install.

mbau

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

globalame.com

this place has a backup camera that fits into your licence plate frame... No drillin holes or jimmyriggin'.... works good from everything i've heard .. I'm getting it next week and I'll report everything on for evyone to see...

I am using a similar one. But, I found 2 problems from this kind of camera. It is hard to view during the rainly day when the water dropped on the camera lens. Also, you are not really able to see the rear view when the light directly point to the camera such as another car behind you at night. Do you have these problems?

No I have not experienced either of those problems. I have an envoy xuv and my license plate is above the bumper so that I think eliminates the light problem as most headlights are aimed toward the ground, and it is under a ridge that keeps it dry. I am very pleased overall.

um, you can steal part of it but not the wiring in full. but unless your rather electrically inclined, you arent using what you stole since the wire would likely be cut. Not to mention, I dont park or leave my vehicle anywhere where I am not comfortable that things will be fine when i return.

No I have not experienced either of those problems. I have an envoy xuv and my license plate is above the bumper so that I think eliminates the light problem as most headlights are aimed toward the ground, and it is under a ridge that keeps it dry. I am very pleased overall.

I have it on my Honda Ody. The license plate is on the tailgate and the camera is around the headlight level. That's why I have this problem. I should turn the camera toward the ground little bit. It may help...

putting something in the line of sight of the camera helps with point of reference. such as a bumper, so you know how close your bumper is to whatever object your backing up to. try to use the something that is furthest out of your vehicle if you can

putting something in the line of sight of the camera helps with point of reference. such as a bumper, so you know how close your bumper is to whatever object your backing up to. try to use the something that is furthest out of your vehicle if you can

Good... I will make some adjustment tonight. Thanks for your great suggestinon.

I've got two of the Pioneer backup cameras for sale - both new in original package - one was opened to read manual and see how it installs.

Ordered Pioneer backup camera and Bluetooth adapter and Internet store sent two camers. Tried to fit one camera on 2006 Miata but no way to do so easily on that car. Ended up buying a camera in licence frame.

Anyone interested in buying one, just email me with an offer.

I recently installed the SVP5600 Platecam backup camera from CrimeStoppers. It is built into a licence plate frame.

Their site is: http://www.crimestopper.com/

The only negative I can say about it is that when it rains or if your in snow, it does effect the lens, but I would have to believe that this is true with any camera. It is very adjustable as far as dimming, color, hue, contrast goes.

Here is a photo of mine installed.

http://www.hondapilot.org/photopost/sho ... 500&page=1

As you can see, it blends in very well.