AVIC411.com

All night install, now problems. Please help!

Hello everyone. I purchased my X920BT in October 2010. I also purchased the OEM Pioneer A/V cable for the unit at the same time. The unit worked great until last night. A friend of mine and I re-did my whole audio system. We replaced all 4 interior speakers, took out the existing sub box and amp with cap. Installed new sub box with a single sub. (1) JL 12W7v3, installed JL 1000.1v2 Slash amp for the JL sub, installed a 4 channel Kicker amp for the interior speakers and a Tsunami 10 farad cap. 2 gauge JL wire from the battery to JL amp and 8 gauge wire to Kicker amp. And installed Dynamat in the trunk, phew!! LOL!!!

Ok, first and foremost, my friend works for a dedicated car audio store. Not the popular stores that sell appliances and tv's. He installs car audio when the store gets overwhelmed with installs. Lets fast-forward, everything's installed and both fingers crossed. Unit turns on all speakers work except for passanger side door.

It's now 3:45am, I have to be in the office at 8am, today and he has to be at work 10am. My friend leaves and I fix the speaker connection to the passanger door. I turn the unit on and I have an alternator whine noise coming thru my speakers. I step on the gas and the noise gets louder. This has never happened to the previous system that I had. Also, my rear interior speakers are not working. There is no sound coming out of either speaker. But the JL sub is mind-blowing!!

I will talk to my friend about the issues that I am having. But I wanted to post this here and ask you experts on what may be causing this. I'm sorry for a long post. This audio equipment is installed in a 1996 Nissan Maxima with Bose speakers. But I took the speakers out and replaced them with (4) Boston Acoustic 6X9 speakers. I used the original speaker connection on the doors. The rear speakers were modified because I unhooked the black housing under the Bose speaker. How can I stop this whining noise and how can I get my rear interior speakers to work? I'm sorry for a long post, but I wanted to be specific as possible. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Syberman

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone. I purchased my X920BT in October 2010. I also purchased the OEM Pioneer A/V cable for the unit at the same time. The unit worked great until last night. A friend of mine and I re-did my whole audio system. We replaced all 4 interior speakers, took out the existing sub box and amp with cap. Installed new sub box with a single sub. (1) JL 12W7v3, installed JL 1000.1v2 Slash amp for the JL sub, installed a 4 channel Kicker amp for the interior speakers and a Tsunami 10 farad cap. 2 gauge JL wire from the battery to JL amp and 8 gauge wire to Kicker amp. And installed Dynamat in the trunk, phew!! LOL!!!

Ok, first and foremost, my friend works for a dedicated car audio store. Not the popular stores that sell appliances and tv's. He installs car audio when the store gets overwhelmed with installs. Lets fast-forward, everything's installed and both fingers crossed. Unit turns on all speakers work except for passanger side door.

It's now 3:45am, I have to be in the office at 8am, today and he has to be at work 10am. My friend leaves and I fix the speaker connection to the passanger door. I turn the unit on and I have an alternator whine noise coming thru my speakers. I step on the gas and the noise gets louder. This has never happened to the previous system that I had. Also, my rear interior speakers are not working. There is no sound coming out of either speaker. But the JL sub is mind-blowing!!

I will talk to my friend about the issues that I am having. But I wanted to post this here and ask you experts on what may be causing this. I'm sorry for a long post. This audio equipment is installed in a 1996 Nissan Maxima with Bose speakers. But I took the speakers out and replaced them with (4) Boston Acoustic 6X9 speakers. I used the original speaker connection on the doors. The rear speakers were modified because I unhooked the black housing under the Bose speaker. How can I stop this whining noise and how can I get my rear interior speakers to work? I'm sorry for a long post, but I wanted to be specific as possible. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Syberman

Ok, you've got a lot going on here. Let's start with the rear speakers. Check your amp for switches that may read 2channel/4 channel, or bridged...anything like that. Does the amp require additional inputs for 4 speaker output? I'm not familiar with the model, so I can only suggest things to look for. Now the alternator whine. This is due to a poor ground. You have multiple components, so I would check them all to be safe. Are all components grounded to the same location? If so, try grounding in multiple locations. What gauge of wire are you using...you may need thicker wire to handle the load. Make sure your grounding point is not painted...it should be bare metal. How are you connecting the ground...make sure it is a solid, tight connection...both to the vehicle and the audio components. Failing that, you can get an inline filter to get rid of some of the whine but I would put all efforts into fixing the source of the problem first.

i hope that you rewired the audio system so that you where not still wired to the factory bose amp and another amp at the same time, also if the signal wires are too close to the power wires then that would pick up noise in the system.

Ok guys, I found out what the problem was. One of my RCA's was bad and I had a reputable installer tell me I should wire my front door speakers directly to the amp. So, I re-wired the doors and changed the bad RCA. Re-ran both sets of wires right down the middle to the amp. And now I do not have any issues at all. My alternator noise is gone, my interior speakers all work and my sub kicks ass!! All is well, thanks for everyone that helped!

Syberman