AVIC411.com

Thanks to the wonderful help from VBLUE Goodbye Avic 411

In todays day and age technology is all around us. Changing day to day getting more advanced with all the bells and whistles, and while itd be nice for us to keep up with it all. It can be challenging at times with our busy lives with families, jobs, and well life in general. While im not writing this to bash these forums, because ive been a memeber of these forums since i got my Pioneer Unit a couple of years ago (under another username). When i first got my unit, these forums helped me to find out how to complete the bypass, how to upgrade to 3.0 and how to do many other things. A few months ago i became active in these forums again as i was looking to do all the add ons to my avic unit. But i was surprised at the response i got. "READ THE MANUAL". Now, although all the information that we all are probably looking for is in the manual. How many of us actually have time to sit down and read through pages and pages of stuff before finding what your actually looking for in the manual. If im not mistaken, most of us use forums and google search in order to find the answer quicker. If my neighbor next door needs help completing something that i knew how to do for example, how to ride a bike. Im not going to say, oh go read a manual on how to do it thats why there there. My neighbor most likley came to me knowing i knew how to ride a bike, and i would probably be able to explain to him much faster and in more understandable terms on how to ride a bike. However i am in agreeance, that alot of questions can be answered by searching the forums, which is why the only thing i can agree on with VBLUE is the redundant questions being asked. Yes those people need to use the search feature. But after one searches the forums and doesnt find an answer to his question, like i did, i would post a topic asking my question. Knowing that there are probably several people on here who have done what im trying to do and can probably answer my question alot faster and in much simpler terms then if i were to go read the manual. Its unfortunate but i know im not alone in this, after reading several topics in here where VBLUE's simple smart ... response is to READ THE MANUAL, i know many are bothered by this. Its time for me to say goodbye to these forums as they are no longer of use to me if all there going to do is say READ THE MANUAL. It was nice to have the friendly neighbors long ago that could speak from their personal experience and help me out and making life easier, but i guess in VBLUES eyes, its all about not being that friendly neighboor and closing the door and sending them off to a book in which some may not even understand. I thought forums were a place to get knowledge from other people, not be redirected to another source of information. I guess VBLUES 6,000 posts are mostly re direction to a manual and not actual help. Im not sure how he became a moderator if hes not helping anyone at all.

Excellent post.

I agree 100%

Another used got "Maybe, do a search"

Was that really needed? Why not do the search for him, then inform him on how to do it?

The search function is not easy to use for a lot of people.

I love how you pointed out that not all of us have tons of time to spend searching (ironically, VBLUE suggested I search and it should take a couple of days - really? you think I'm going to spend DAYS searching, when I can just make a thread, wait for an answer and go about my business with out wasting countless hours?

Threads do not clutter the forum. If everyone made a thread for a question, it would get answered and the thread would disappear to the bottom

I just got this unit, and was hoping to find a nice community, but this "moderator" has ruined that for me as well.

Sorry you feel this way.

Maybe there is another forum about this unit.

In todays day and age technology is all around us. Changing day to day getting more advanced with all the bells and whistles, and while itd be nice for us to keep up with it all. It can be challenging at times with our busy lives with families, jobs, and well life in general. While im not writing this to bash these forums, because ive been a memeber of these forums since i got my Pioneer Unit a couple of years ago (under another username). When i first got my unit, these forums helped me to find out how to complete the bypass, how to upgrade to 3.0 and how to do many other things. A few months ago i became active in these forums again as i was looking to do all the add ons to my avic unit. But i was surprised at the response i got. "READ THE MANUAL". Now, although all the information that we all are probably looking for is in the manual. How many of us actually have time to sit down and read through pages and pages of stuff before finding what your actually looking for in the manual. If im not mistaken, most of us use forums and google search in order to find the answer quicker. If my neighbor next door needs help completing something that i knew how to do for example, how to ride a bike. Im not going to say, oh go read a manual on how to do it thats why there there. My neighbor most likley came to me knowing i knew how to ride a bike, and i would probably be able to explain to him much faster and in more understandable terms on how to ride a bike. However i am in agreeance, that alot of questions can be answered by searching the forums, which is why the only thing i can agree on with VBLUE is the redundant questions being asked. Yes those people need to use the search feature. But after one searches the forums and doesnt find an answer to his question, like i did, i would post a topic asking my question. Knowing that there are probably several people on here who have done what im trying to do and can probably answer my question alot faster and in much simpler terms then if i were to go read the manual. Its unfortunate but i know im not alone in this, after reading several topics in here where VBLUE's simple smart ... response is to READ THE MANUAL, i know many are bothered by this. Its time for me to say goodbye to these forums as they are no longer of use to me if all there going to do is say READ THE MANUAL. It was nice to have the friendly neighbors long ago that could speak from their personal experience and help me out and making life easier, but i guess in VBLUES eyes, its all about not being that friendly neighboor and closing the door and sending them off to a book in which some may not even understand. I thought forums were a place to get knowledge from other people, not be redirected to another source of information. I guess VBLUES 6,000 posts are mostly re direction to a manual and not actual help. Im not sure how he became a moderator if hes not helping anyone at all.

Well you have only one post so where did I tell you to do anything? The problem here is however that we have so many new members that don't bother to read the documentation provided or even try and operate the unit before getting on here and asking questions like, "how do I change sources" or how do I search for a POI" or "what do I do with the parking brake wire". These are so numerous now that all of the stuff that we cover on this forum that cant be found in the manual no one can find because of all the stupid redundant questions have flooded the forum to the point that you have to search several pages to find something useful. So does this forum just need to be an online owners manual? I mean Im sure we can do that and stop posting useful stuff that most of you would never know how to do without people like me posting the demos and tutorials. Then people would bitch about not having all of the "extra" stuff that can be done with these units because it cant be put on here because this is just an online owners manual. Anyway Im sorry you feel the way you feel.

Excellent post.

I agree 100%

Another used got "Maybe, do a search"

Was that really needed? Why not do the search for him, then inform him on how to do it?

The search function is not easy to use for a lot of people.

I love how you pointed out that not all of us have tons of time to spend searching (ironically, VBLUE suggested I search and it should take a couple of days - really? you think I'm going to spend DAYS searching, when I can just make a thread, wait for an answer and go about my business with out wasting countless hours?

Threads do not clutter the forum. If everyone made a thread for a question, it would get answered and the thread would disappear to the bottom

I just got this unit, and was hoping to find a nice community, but this "moderator" has ruined that for me as well.

Sorry you feel this way.

Maybe there is another forum about this unit.

Well every question you have asked is covered on this forum already. All you have to do is click the General, Troubleshooting, and Hacks and Mods sections of the forum and just start reading. But you make the comment that you don't have time to read several threads to get the info you desire. So I guess all the info I took the time to post on here for others was just wasting my time.