AVIC411.com

d3 volume knob troubles

hey guys im actually new to avic411, but everyone seems to b pretty savy to the ins and outs of the system.

i have a d3, and the volume knob doesnt wrk in controling the volume, all of the other functions of the knob wrk (the push button part that selects input, and mute) but turning the knob does nothing.

is there a fix to this problem, or am i screwed and need to replace the face, or the whole damn thing.....

help guys....thanx

• 3 months later...

Did you ever get this fixed? When my unit was about a year old, I started having a similar problem and had to push the knob a little sideways to get it to work. Then, the rest of the buttons stopped working most of the time, and I have to push and hold the entire outer face plate (plate with the buttons attached) and simultaneously press buttons or turn the volume know to get it to work. I heard about the D1/D2 using a ribbon cable and it was easy to get a bad connection, but if I remember correctly in my research the D3 doesn't use a ribbon cable connection. Probably a really simple fix of a wire or something not connected properly, but otherwise a faceplace alone seems to be pretty expensive (or even just a volume knob).