AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z1 GEX-P5700 TV Tuner Question

Hello. This past summer I purchased a Pioneer AVIC-Z1 along with an ND-BC1 camera, GEX-P10XMT XM Radio, ND-BT1 bluetooth hands-free adapter, and a GEX-P5700TV tuner. They all work wonderfully. However, I am concerned about what plans Pioneer has for accomodating those of us who bought the GEX-P5700 TV Tuner when the United States goes all digital in 2008 or 2009? In our homes there are set-top converters that will let people with older analog tvs not capable of receiving HDTV or DTV, still be able to watch their programs OTA. In the case of our AVIC-Z1 module, have any of you heard of Pioneer planning on coming out with a North American digital TV tuner that can pick up ATSC digital signals with our diversty antennas? Can we trade in our otherwise perfectly fine analog TV tuners for one of those newer ATSC digital ones, and get a break on the price? I paid full MSRP for my GEX-P5700TV tuner and before it will even be 2 years old, it may be obsolete. :-( I know Pioneer sells such a product in Japan already, but they use DV8 and not ATSC over there. Any thoughts or ideas?

I would say you should ask this question again in two years if the US really comes through with the new broadcast standards. I would also guess you will have to buy the new one, but there is no real way of telling for a couple years until they release the 08 or 09 line so your guess is really as good as most any on this board

• 2 years later...