AVIC411.com

Streaming Video from iPhone 3GS

I have an X920BT, terrific unit! It does everything as advertised and works exceptionally well with my iPhone.

I imagine my problem is a user error, so I hope I don't get lit up too bad.

My 3GS has no trouble showing video on the X920 when it is run through the direct connect. I simply hit the video tab on the 920 and select which show from my iPhone that I want to watch.

However, if I am watching streaming video (for example a game from my NHL Live app) the video does not show on the 920. I can hear it fine but I can't see it. I imagine that its because it runs through the iPhone media player (Quicktime, i think) and there is no way for me to access sit directly from the 920 controls.

Has anybody encountered this? I have checked the settings and the iPod settings on the phone, but can't find an answer.

In searching the forums, it looks like others have had no problem viewing the Youtube app and it uses the same media player so I must assume that I am missing something.

Anyone?

That wont work unless the video app supports the Apple TV OUT extension and with the exception of Apple apps and the Netflix app there are no video apps that I am aware of that support it. However, if you jailbreak your phone you can make it work with any video app.

That wont work unless the video app supports the Apple TV OUT extension and with the exception of Apple apps and the Netflix app there are no video apps that I am aware of that support it. However, if you jailbreak your phone you can make it work with any video app.

Correct, I was assuming his app uses the built in quicktime player.

• 2 weeks later...

Correct, I was assuming his app uses the built in quicktime player.

I am using the NHL Live app. I am pretty sure it does use the QT player, so I think the original posted solution may work. Although after reading bashed1's post maybe not!

I have had my car parked for the last few weeks, so I haven't had the chance to try it yet. I should get a chance tonite, though.

I'll post my findings. Thanks so much for all the replies and info.

schellski

I am using the NHL Live app. I am pretty sure it does use the QT player, so I think the original posted solution may work. Although after reading bashed1's post maybe not!

I have had my car parked for the last few weeks, so I haven't had the chance to try it yet. I should get a chance tonite, though.

I'll post my findings. Thanks so much for all the replies and info.

schellski

As mentioned, the YouTube and iPod apps in the 3Gs work, but not my NHL live app. It would seem that it doesn't support the TV out as was previously mentioned in the thread.

SO - I have never been that interested in jailbreaking my phone simply because there were always issues that arose when I used to crack my WindowsMobile phones. My next questions are:

Is there an app I could get that would alleviate the problem without jailbreaking?

And if not, does jailbreaking cause any problems/issue with the 3GS? I guess I can answer the 2nd question with a search, but how about the first?

Nevermind! I found the answer to both questions when searching...

Thanks for the helpful forum