AVIC411.com

Xtrememac Roadshow cable for iPod

What's good, folks.

I am looking to purchase an iPod and want to hook it up to my D2. I have officially be turned off of the Pioneer unit, as it universally has received bad reviews.

Question about the Roadshow cable...when playing music using this cable, will the iPod screen be visible on the D2, displaying the album art, etc? I know I will not be able to control the iPod through the D2 touch screen, but I want to know if the cable will transfer all the images from the iPod to the D2.

Also, for those with experience, is the sound quality acceptable? My assumption is that it will be better then using the headphone jack. Thanks in advance.

No, it will not display all of that information. But it's not the cable's fault, it's the iPods! They suck at TV Output... If you want an interface like that, check out the DLO HomeDock. I also believe there is another dock such as this one... Basically it's a standalone system that accesses your iPod as an external drive, and has it's own display. The dock would kinda be out of place on your car, I know, but it could just get hacked up as well! You could take apart the unit, connect it to your iPod in the dash or hidden somewheres else in the car. And then run an IR blaster to the IR port of the unit and get an IR eye mounted somewheres near you headunit. Then you would be able to use the remote control for the unit without having the unit in plain sight!

Do yourself a favor... and call your local Apple Store before making the trip.

The Apple Store in my area (both of them) didn't carry the Roadshow cable.

I ended up ordering mine directly from Xtrememac.

I hope you can pick yours up in the store and save yourself the shipping!

Good luck :)