AVIC411.com

Hi to all...

First post, and I have no idea about these units but I am looking for maybe a D3 or a 920 or maybe there are others, the D3 has the features I want except for voice control nav you have to have the nav disk in, does the 920 have the nav info in memory or read from the disk? And the D3 you could use your own screen pics and hide the menu so you would see your screen pic instead of the menu, will the 920 do this? And the D3 is capable of bypass for the passenger, can the 920 also be bypassed for driving? Is there a feature vs feature for these units? I am looking for a unit that will do nav from memory with voice and screen, play cd's, mp3, have steering wheel adapt, changable menu background pics., backup camera hookup,...is the 920 just a better version of the D3?

Hi to all...

First post, and I have no idea about these units but I am looking for maybe a D3 or a 920 or maybe there are others, the D3 has the features I want except for voice control nav you have to have the nav disk in, does the 920 have the nav info in memory or read from the disk? And the D3 you could use your own screen pics and hide the menu so you would see your screen pic instead of the menu, will the 920 do this? And the D3 is capable of bypass for the passenger, can the 920 also be bypassed for driving? Is there a feature vs feature for these units? I am looking for a unit that will do nav from memory with voice and screen, play cd's, mp3, have steering wheel adapt, changable menu background pics., backup camera hookup,...is the 920 just a better version of the D3?

both can be bypassed, both can have steering wheel controls, both can play DVDs, both can have B U cameras, the 920 is just the newest unit and the D3 is a four or five year old model, the D3 is more stable are reliable, but the 920 has a nicer interface, internal memory, better ipod interface, voice control, and bluetooth built in (it can be added to the D3 with a module)

it all comes down to price, any D3 should be less than half the price of a 920, and if you want the new hottness, or the good old boy thats reliable.

newer Ipods will not charge from a D3 with out having to buy another adapter.

Wow you nailed that great. After searching around I see the d3 holds its price. I have also seen the 920 for pretty damn cheap as well. My advice would be to keep looking for the 920 deal, unless you find the D3 at an unbeatable deal. That is a jump there in models, no 910BT? I am guessing you want a double din no matter what. I have even seen some AVIC-Z models go for under 500$ always when I am broke of course.

well the 900 had way to many problems and the 910 has the same hardware, so i would only look at either the older and most reialible D3 or the new (and suposedly stable) 920 (unless you really want to play around with MODs, cause thats the only thing cool about a 900)

i'm not saying that a 920 will be problem free, but if they dont have it fixed and right by now they never will.

• 2 weeks later...

** The Bluetooth add-on used for the D-Series was the CD-BTB200, and is notoriously unreliable and partly- or wholle-incompatible with MANY Bluetooth-capable phones on the market. **

Just go look at the D-Series forum to see what I'm talking about. Moreover, the firmware in that Bluetooth add-on is not updatable.

Also, the GUI is just nowhere NEAR as slick as the newer units. I would shy away from that older D3 unit...especially with all the newer units available on eBay. The price of the X920's and Z120's will probably start dropping even MORE now that Pioneer's announced the X930 and Z130...**