AVIC411.com

Will there be an SD update from z110bt to z130bt?

I noticed the hardware is STILL the same. I never opted for the z120bt update on my z110bt since it didn't really change much except for a prettier UI. Any chance that you can update the z110 to z130?

How do you figure it's the same hardware. Pioneer says it has built-in traffic and HD radio (not an optional module). I admit I haven't followed this much, so maybe I missed something.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/GPS-Navigation/AVIC-Z130BT

This has been discussed quite a bit over in the CES 2011 threads. There will indeed be a year 11 software update for the Z/X to bring them up to the Z130bt/X930bt. The Traffic device is a separate box for at least the X930 and possibly even the Z130. There is also a bunch of threads on that with confirmations of compatibilities as well controversy.

yea i read some of it but i was just wondering if it was confirmed yet. I just actually did the Z110 to Z120 SD card update. It says the Aha Radio service is only going to be compatible with the X930/Z130 only so I'm wondering if a new piece of hardware was added or not. If it doesn't, then hopefully the Z110/Z120 can be software updated to the Z130...

Hi, does anyone have the location of z120bt firmware update? I just bought unit, it has 2.0000 on it and I want to upgrade but it is not on Pioneer website anywhere and tech support just keeps telling me to call parts and have them send it to me... :(

This post is Off Topic for this thread.

So, how do you know it wasn't already installed?

Here is an excerpt from the 2.003 installation instructions.

HOW TO DETERMINE IF THE FIRMWARE UPDATE HAS ALREADY BEEN INSTALLED:

To determine if the new firmware update has already been installed on an AVIC-Z120BT,

please power on the system and do the following:

1. Press the "HOME" button; then touch the "Settings" tab;

2. Touch the "System Settings" tab; then touch the "Service Information" tab;

3. Press and hold the top left corner of the “Service Information†screen;

4. The "Platform version" number and the "Application version" number are both displayed --

please look at the "Application Version" number, which is displayed on the second line; and

5. If the "Version" number is "2.002100" or an earlier/smaller number, please install the new

firmware update. If the "Version" number is "2.003000" or a later/larger number, the system

has already been updated with the new firmware.

I suspect that the reason it is no longer on the Pioneer web-site is because of questions like this. This patch came out soon after the Z120-BT began shipping. I'm sure all recently shipped products are up-to-date.

Hi, does anyone have the location of z120bt firmware update? I just bought unit, it has 2.0000 on it and I want to upgrade but it is not on Pioneer website anywhere and tech support just keeps telling me to call parts and have them send it to me... :(

Here's a suggestion...why don't you call thier tech support as they suggest at 1.800.228.7221? They will ship it to you on a SD card with instuctions on how to install it. It's free including free shipping! Its that easy!

The torrent in the stickied forum post for the Z120BT firmware has the 2.0003 update. Click on the rar file, extract it, double click on the torrent, and only check off the "SD2" Folder, so you are just downloading that extra update. Then upload that folder labeled "Firmware" to the root drive of your SD card. Then go to your bluetooth settings on the nav screen and click on the 'update firmware' button. Afterwards, make sure you run the steps above (Posted by RonS) to get check the REAL firmware version. Going to settings and checking it in there will only show the 2.00000 (EVEN if you have the 2.0003 update).

The torrent in the stickied forum post for the Z120BT firmware has the 2.0003 update. Click on the rar file, extract it, double click on the torrent, and only check off the "SD2" Folder, so you are just downloading that extra update. Then upload that folder labeled "Firmware" to the root drive of your SD card. Then go to your bluetooth settings on the nav screen and click on the 'update firmware' button. Afterwards, make sure you run the steps above (Posted by RonS) to get check the REAL firmware version. Going to settings and checking it in there will only show the 2.00000 (EVEN if you have the 2.0003 update).

I think that is the BT 3.11 update on torrent SD2. 2.003 was only available from Pioneer support via download or requesting an SD from support.